Vietnam Chopper Pilot Helmet Lt.Col. Grymes Research

historyrecovered

historyrecovered

Hello all

So a while back I got a vietnam chopper pilot helmet belonging to a son of a ww1 hero's estate, which I managed to get b oh of.

Any how this helmet is a vietnam chopper helmet with all the wiring on it still. It has his name too which was Lt.Col. Herbert Livingston Grymes JR. obviously his father had same name but senior.

Any ideas how I can research him ? I can try archives research of course was just curious if anyone else had any ideas Specially since he had a higher rank

Bluespicker

Most Vietnam military units have stuck together and probably maintain a site and they nearly always welcome requests for information. If you can find out which unit he was in, you can nearly always get information. Last week, an associate on the international flight gear forum found a helmet and in short order, we actually got him in touch with the flyer, an A-4 Navy pilot.

Other things: newspaperarchive.com has a ton of old newspapers you can search and that includes old issues of Stars and Stripes.Also some special vet organizations like the Red River Valley Association. Do some net searches for starters cause you will be surprised how much information is on the web.