WWII Weekend Reading PA

Never miss! :)

***Items from unit called 8th Field Depot***

[Most frequently-sought unit because of family connection]

Intact ["out of the woodwork"] Marine Corps combat groups from WWII.

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Marine Corps valor recipient items.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

my wife and i will be there spot c06,this will be our 17th or 18th year..............dave

That pretty amazing, this will be my 7th or 8th year going there.

"We are not retreating -- we are advancing in another direction."

General Douglas MacArthur

donation2015.gif

we set up our canopy and have a great time,regardless of the weather.good luck finding me there,i'm at the hanger or roaming the market.if anyone gets a chance we are in spot c06,stop and say hello............dave

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I will be attending. This will be my first year going. I've nothing but great things about the event. Several of my friends have been participating in living history there for many years. I'm very excited!

Always a grand time. I'll be in a British bell tent for this event, though.

-Todd

Currently looking for WWI items, specifically photos of the 116th infantry regiment, and any material related to the USS Olympia.

Always on the lookout for any rations, miscellaneous personal items, pack filler, care package stuffers, knit Red Cross material, and oddball equipment to supplement the Doughboy display.
Have some extras? I help friends fill out their living history kit, and could always use more loaner gear!

In the pacific theater with our 25th Infantry Division camp for the 13th year or so :-) Always a great event.

506th Fighter Group Historian

Interested in all items relating to the 7th AAF, especially those of the VLR P-51 Pilots of the 15th, 21st, and 506th Fighter Groups.

donation2016.gif

I will be there as a dealer this year, cant wait to get first dibs at the flea market! I think this will be my 4th year.

If you have any good WWII M1s give me a shout

donation2015.gif

I'll be there, first year going. Can't wait!

I hope to see you, you will have a great time!

donation2015.gif

I definitely agree w that. I always love going into the hanger and meeting the vets. With each year there are just less and less....very sad. Especially a few who have been mainstays for years and then suddenly....they aren't there any more.

506th Fighter Group Historian

Interested in all items relating to the 7th AAF, especially those of the VLR P-51 Pilots of the 15th, 21st, and 506th Fighter Groups.

donation2016.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going. This will be my second time since I retired (it always seems to be on drill weekend or I was deployed). I'm taking my daughter (4) and my niece (25) this year.

Very nice! Have fun there!

donation2015.gif

This year they will be having paratroopers jumping out of a C47. I think Saturday and Sunday

Thats awesome! I don't think they had it last year unless I missed it.

donation2015.gif

I never miss it! I'll be there Friday & Saturday...Probably roaming the vendors 90% of the time! I always find a few small treasures after my 5th or 6th pass!!

WANTED: ITEMS & PARTS RELATING TO THE 1911 & 1911A1!!!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

donation2018.gif

I will be there with my Civil Air Patrol Squadron...LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE!

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ITEMS FROM THE 65TH INFANTRY DIVISION, WWII OR MARYLAND WING OF CIVIL AIR PATROL, AND THE DC AIR NATIONAL GUARD

• 4 weeks later...

I remember last year as I was leaving, I thought it's going to be a year before I drive back up there...Seems like that was yesterday! This is the show that always takes my first week of vacation leave for the year...sort of my "official start of summer"!!

WANTED: ITEMS & PARTS RELATING TO THE 1911 & 1911A1!!!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

donation2018.gif

Had an awesome time! Our guys in Civil Air Patrol were working nearly non-stop.....could've done without the Charge of Quarters from 2-4am haha but overall a pleasure!

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ITEMS FROM THE 65TH INFANTRY DIVISION, WWII OR MARYLAND WING OF CIVIL AIR PATROL, AND THE DC AIR NATIONAL GUARD