20th Engineer: Here is another patch from the flea market I was hoping someone can ID.

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I dealer gave me this patch at the flea market today. I am not sure if it is a WWII patch but I just spent a good bit of time on Angelfire and I haven't been able to id it. Any ideas?

post-1412-0-23305000-1428173582.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Looks like a flat edge version... not rare, but less than common.

It is in fact a cut edge patch and I appreciate the information. Thanks!

I think it's a South Vietnamese or Japanese made one, check out the tip of the sword, it's not pointy, and the relative thinness of the fort.

Manchu Warrior

I think it's a South Vietnamese or Japanese made one, check out the tip of the sword, it's not pointy, and the relative thinness of the fort.

Does the back give you a better indication of where patch was made?

post-1412-0-56096700-1428184501.jpg

Quite possibly Japanese made. Seems we've had a number of early Vietnam era Japanese made patches show up here in the last couple of months. Someone else just posted a 23rd ID that was of similar origin.

When I wrote earlier I was asking myself why a design approved in 1966 would not have had a merrowed edge... foreign made would explain that. There were a number of major unit patches made under contract in Japan early in the war. Some had some very odd pastel shades of colors, others used a black reverse thread.

Manchu Warrior

Quite possibly Japanese made. Seems we've had a number of early Vietnam era Japanese made patches show up here in the last couple of months. Someone else just posted a 23rd ID that was of similar origin.

When I wrote earlier I was asking myself why a design approved in 1966 would not have had a merrowed edge... foreign made would explain that. There were a number of major unit patches made under contract in Japan early in the war. Some had some very odd pastel shades of colors, others used a black reverse thread.

The information is much appreciated. Thanks!