Can anyone ID these "None Finer" pocket patches? ID 5th Training Brigade

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I found these two patches at the flea market today and I cannot find much info on them. Actually the only thing I have found is a helmet liner with the same decal on it on Worth Point. The liner sold back in 2006 and the description stated that it was a WWII liner. However, to my untrained eyes it looks more so like its from the Vietnam War era, see photos. The patches measures 3-1/4" by 3-1/4" so assumed that they are pocket patches. They also have different characteristics so I believe that they are not machine sewn. The only info I can find with any unit with the name Crusaders is that of a USMC Fighter Squadron, VMF 122, sometime in the not so distant past the unit changed their name back to Crusaders from Werewolves and they took some heat for it. The colors are the same so is the same unit? And I would like to know how old the patches look to be? Thanks!

post-1412-0-92614600-1428109392.jpg

post-1412-0-42276900-1428109446.jpgpost-1412-0-53452800-1428109457.jpg

Manchu Warrior

ROTC or some sort of School piece?

I guess it would be near impossible to ID it if its a JROTC piece. I appreciate the info. Thanks!

Manchu Warrior

5th Training Brigade Fort Dix, NJ. Probably worn by a DI.

Even with the information you gave me I can still find no information on them. With that said do you believe that they are pocket patches and what era are they from? I appreciate the information. Thanks!

In the past, the cadre and training units at basic and advanced individual training installations were organized into training brigades. I am pretty sure these were provisional, non-TOE units and so each training post would have a 1st Training Brigade, a 2nd Training Brigade and etc. For instance, in 1970 I was in Company E, 6th Battalion 3rd Training Brigade at Ft. Dix, the "Pioneers." Any insignia would have been locally approved for wear. A Drill Instructor in the Army would have worn a service (aka "campaign") hat almost always. The helmet liner would have been worn by other training cadre and instructors. Old Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training books will show these locally approved and worn insignia.

Manchu Warrior

In the past, the cadre and training units at basic and advanced individual training installations were organized into training brigades. I am pretty sure these were provisional, non-TOE units and so each training post would have a 1st Training Brigade, a 2nd Training Brigade and etc. For instance, in 1970 I was in Company E, 6th Battalion 3rd Training Brigade at Ft. Dix, the "Pioneers." Any insignia would have been locally approved for wear. A Drill Instructor in the Army would have worn a service (aka "campaign") hat almost always. The helmet liner would have been worn by other training cadre and instructors. Old Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training books will show these locally approved and worn insignia.

Much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks Firefighters and atb,

You have answered my question also, I have this medal that I could not fine anything on came with a Vietnam era grouping. It says Fort DIx over the star.

post-624-0-09406700-1428184700.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Thanks Firefighters and atb,

You have answered my question also, I have this medal that I could not fine anything on came with a Vietnam era grouping. It says Fort DIx over the star.

I wonder what the medal was for possibly some kind of squad competition during basic training?

• 1 year later...

I have found a pin with the exact same markings on it. It was given to me by my aunt who works on Fort Dix. Don't know anything about it.