Grenada Ranger unknown patch

otter42

I bought this years ago thinking it was something from Operation Urgent Fury, but have never been able to ID it. My gut says it's from a school or something like that. Thanks for any help, Ken

post-4732-0-50636400-1427932767.jpg

post-4732-0-99525700-1427932786.jpg

Patchcollector

It looks like it's incorporating the general shape and colors of the 82nd.I have no idea what the "crest" in the center signifies.It may be a Grenadian piece.Neat patch though.

You know I never realized that it does have the look of the 82nd. Thanks for the input, I guess I will put in with my Grenada patches after all...

Patchcollector

Yeah the patch definitely incorporates some design elements from the 82nd.Finding out what the "crest" in the center area of the patch design represents will be key in ID'ing this piece.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

I don't recognize it. The prevalent Urgent Fury patches from the early 80's were the "No Way Jose" patch. A couple of others plus some pins but this one doesn't ring a bell. Definitely an 82nd type patch.

Rock

firefighter

It does resemble the 82nd A/B patch, but I think thats as far as it goes as being a U.S. patch.My guess would be a local militia unit?

I know almost nothing about Army patches as far as units etc.. But the construction of this one looks like it was made in Taiwan, if that helps.

Randy

Patchcollector

All the Grenada "Urgent Fury" patches that I've seen are commemorative souvenir,or "novelty" type pieces.

Here is a link to a thread I posted some time back regarding these patches:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/171554-operation-urgent-fury-patches-and-badges/?hl=%2Bgrenada+%2Bpatch&do=findComment&comment=1627644