XM28 Issue

decontrol215

decontrol215

Has anyone else noticed that the XM28 bag is entirely too small to accommodate the mask itself? Is there a special trick to getting this thing in the bag I should know about? From where I'm sitting it's not happening. Someone told me to fold it in half and I cracked the eyepiece in doing so, I'd rather not destroy the rest of this thing getting it into the bag. :blink:

If I remember correctly you need to push on the "forehead" of the mask and fold the eyepieces back inside the mask itself. In other words, the outside of the eyepieces would be facing each other but they would be inside of the fold while the filters would be on the outside. I hope that makes sense. (don't feel bad, I broke one of the eyepieces on my mask too!)

Tim

Before reading your post I saw the thread title.

"XM28 Issue"

I knew what your issue was :)

That mask and carrier drive me crazy.

I keep the 2 apart and put the mask on a mannequin head for display.

decontrol215

If I remember correctly you need to push on the "forehead" of the mask and fold the eyepieces back inside the mask itself.

Tim

You got it!! Thank you! I'm absolutely baffled at how this technique makes enough of a difference to fit this mask in the carrier. I was convinced I had a bag for a different size mask or something. Glad to see other people at least feel my pain with this mask.