USMC Medical Bolo

byf41

We need some experts here. The rework is phenomenal . Some one needs to check out those intials, they could be that of our pioneer knife guru M.H.COLE, the writer. He made a bunch of knives in WW2, and the work on the bolo is outstanding. byf41, we need a lot more info. This could be an almost historic piece. SKIP

Do we know if M.H. Cole marked any of his work this way? I believe that convention would be more like this; "MCH", with the initial for the surname being in the middle and more pronounced than the other two.

Checked around some sites, he stamped " MHC", w/ the "H" being lower than the M or C. Checked w/ some other folks who said it very well could be one of MH Coles knives. The initials is what clued me as to who re-worked it. Beautiful work! SKIP

I wish I knew more about it guys . One thing I can confirm is the craftsmanship is top notch professional . It looks better in hand than in the pictures .

Looks like a Cole knife. The illustration below is from Cole 3 and is one of his knives. Note the M H C mark on the guard. Also made from a Marine Medical Corps knife.

post-66-0-35708400-1427841861.jpg

Frank Trzaska

No doubt in my mind, it is a bolo altered and refitted by MH (Howard) Cole. Nice find and a super piece, congrats!

All the best

Frank Trzaska