rayg

My mannequin displays

keep both !! You can make a mannequin display with HBT coverall and type II shoes (summer) and an other one with a tanker coverall and a tanker jacket with buckle boots (winter) !!

Looking for a pair of E1 heated gloves

donation2014.gif

Personally, I'd keep the one you don't want!! ;)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

I really don't need two of them as I have no more room for another mannequin. It's going to be a hard choice. The used one has the older M38 goggles and the earlier throat mike where as the mint one has the 44 model Polaroid goggles and the 44 dated throat mike. I probably shouldn't have bought the one I just got then I wouldn't have to make a decision. LoL. Help me out with your opinions, Ray

donation2008.gif

Forgot to mention the M-38 goggles on the used helmet are stamped on the metal frame, "Resistal, S&B NY", and the lens are 98% clear. It's fairly rare to find these older M-38 goggles with clear lens that are not pretty much fogged up. That's one reason I'm leaning toward keeping the older helmet, Ray

donation2008.gif

WOW!!!!! That's all I can say. What a fabulous collection. I really enjoyed seeing your collection. Especially since it looks like we have a lot of common interests in collecting. What a great job you have done with displaying your items. I throughly enjoyed the pictures of your collection. I recognize the one picture from the Show of Shows. Do you go to the military or gun show or both in Louisville? Again, great collection!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. :rolleyes:

oldtimecolletor

Thanks for the compliments oldtimer. Judging from your name I think we also have something else in common besides our common collecting interests. Which picture did you recognize from the SOS? I do usually go to both shows. Ray

donation2008.gif

Thanks for the compliments oldtimer. Judging from your name I think we also have something else in common besides our common collecting interests. Which picture did you recognize from the SOS? I do usually go to both shows. Ray

I'm sorry I haven't returned you response sooner. Time just gets away. Anyway, I was referring to the Dutch Van Kirk SOS's picture. I seen him when I was at that show also. I'm assuming you are the person behind Dutch. Anyway, a awesome collection that you have. From your collection I can also tell you are a long time collector. It's nice to see someones collection on the forum that has the same collcection interests as mine. Take care. :)

oldtimecolletor

Yep, that's me. It was taken about ten yrs ago at a military show I believe in Madison, Wisconsin. I have seen him at the SOS show also, , Ray

donation2008.gif

Almost forgot to post the new Remington manufactured French Berthier 07/15 rifle I recently got.

The French contracted with Remington to manufacture their Berthier rifle but cancled the contract after only a few of them reached France due to complaints of the quality of the finish and of out spec. parts. Apparenty nothing official has been found to actually confirm why they were rejected.

Remington at the time was pressed also manufacturing the Russian M91 M/N and another rifle and possibly the Berthiers didn't receive the close quality control needed.

After the contract was cancled, the rifles already manufactured and not shipped were sold in the private market with some used in training of US troops.

Anyway, this is one of the rifles that remained in the US and it is still in mint and unfired condition. It never received any serial numbers as the French applied those numbers when they received them, Ray

post-89-0-68058500-1362273900.jpg

post-89-0-00683900-1362273932.jpg

donation2008.gif

That's an enormous amount of work, toil, sweat and investment. Fantastic collection. And it Is displayed in a manner that gives it the respect it deserves.

donation2013.gif

Always looking for 78th Division patch variations, medal groups & uniforms from WWI or WWII.

307th Field Artillery - "The poor, unfortunate grunt needs to actually see his target. All we need is a zip code"...

Thanks for the compliments fellows. Maybe an enormous amount of work, toil, sweat and investment but it sure gives great pleasure and satisfaction in collecting and finding that special item that you're looking for and especially if it was priced less then expected to pay. As I mentioned before, it may take some time, but no matter what the item is, or how rare it is, once you focus on it, you will find it. I'm sure that's the same experience others have also. Ray

donation2008.gif

Absolutley beatiful!!!! Great that you have the room to do it. Most of my "stuff" is in the closets, attic, barn and a few other buildings, Jack

Absolutley beatiful!!!! Great that you have the room to do it. Most of my "stuff" is in the closets, attic, barn and a few other buildings, Jack

Thanks Jack. Not a lot of room though as it is all in a small extra bed room. I had to quit adding mannequins as the room is packed and there was no room for even one more. However still better then in closets, attics, barns and a other buildings, Ray

donation2008.gif

I just reviewed my posts and realized I forgot to post the inventory listing of the items that are on the USMC display mannequin. So here it is. Sorry for the smaller type sizes in some of the discriptions but I couldn't make it bigger, I tried. Ray

653. WWII USMC HELMET.

A front seam, fixed bail, M1 helmet with an original WWII 2nd pattern USMC camouflage helmet cover on it that has the foliage slits and slits in the fingers. There is no post war EGA stamped on the cover. The liner is an early Inland with a non-detachable chin strap. The liner has Captain bars painted on the front of it. The cover shows some wear but still is in VG condition as is the helmet.

662. USMC THOMPSON SMG 3 CELL MAGAZINE POUCH.

For 30 rd magazines. Stamped 1944 and USMC on the back. Has two 30 rd magazines in it. Mint condt.

663. USMC K-BAR KNIFE & SCABBARD

. The blade is stamped USMC on one side and K-Bar, Ollan, NY on the other side. Knife is in excellent un-sharped condt. Possible post war. The wartime leather scabbard is in excellent condt with the exception that there is a cut on the front of it.

664. USMC COMPLETE KNAP SACK & HAVERSACK SET.

The knapsack is dated 1942 . The knapsack and haversack do not match in color/shade but are in good condt overall

665. USMC

CANTEEN, COVER, AND PISTOL BELT SET.

The canteen is black enamel, the cover is slightly soiled and the pistol belt is stamped USMC on the back. All about in good condt.

666. USMC CANVAS LEGGINGS. P

air of leggings. Size 4, dated 1943, Tags marked USMC VG-excellent condt.

675. WWII USMC FIELD SUSPENDERS.

Matching set of P1941 suspenders. VG condt

661. WWII USMC CAMOFLOUGE JACKET & TROUSERS. 2nd pattern, P44, The jacket is stamped "38" in three places and the trousers P44. Both in excl condt. and are about a 30-32 waist.

360. M1A1 THOMPSON SUBMACHINE GUN.

All matching Savage made, Auto-Ordinance, Bridgeport, Thompson, 45 cal, serial # 804151, 1943 mfg. Class III BATF registered, # PP02106. (C&R) Marked "US Property" behind the rear sight. The small Savage "S's" are stamped on the receiver, trigger housing, and bolt. And the Auto Ordinance inspector's initials GEG are stamped on the receiver and trigger housing. The barrel is marked with an "R" (Remington supplied barrels) and the small Savage square "s". The receiver and trigger housing have a Du-light darker Parkerizing and the bolt, sight protector, selector switches, (early flat type), and barrel are blued. All machining and surface grinding marks are undisturbed and it appears to never have been refinished. Complete with a sling and a twenty round Bridgeport marked magazine. Just under mint condt

671. WWII 1911 holster,

Dated 1944 and mfg by Milwaukee Saddler Co. Exc. condt.

696. GOVERNMENT 1911A1 AUTOMATIC PISTOL.

Serial # 771042. Colt frame with a Remington slide. Finish is about Good plus to VG condt with some patina and an excellent bore.

565. M1943 COMBAT BOOTS.

size 8, contract marked and dated April 12, 1944. Excellent condition with little wear..

post-89-0-76188300-1367443060.jpg

donation2008.gif

I found out that this Remington - Lee cartridge belt is a very rare US Navy cartridge belt and not a US Army or state milita belt that I previously thought. The Navy belt, as I have been advised, is made in Khaki canvas as this belt is and not in blue canvas as the Army and militia ones are. The brass end keepers have an 1889 patent date but these belts were used years before the patent date stamp was applied on the belt. It was designed and used with the 1879, 1882, and 1885 model Lees.. The rifles were issued with five magazines with one in the rifle and four in the belt. The belt is still in excellent to almost minty condition including the leather closing straps on the Magazine pockets. There is an ad by military contractors Hartley & Graham in an 1890 issue of the Army Navy Journal that shows this belt rare belt with an 1885 rifle.

I just picked up a 1885 Navy marked Remington Lee 45/70 rifle that goes with the belt. I will post the rifle later after I clean it up a bit, Ray

post-89-0-64068100-1371957991.jpg

post-89-0-65281000-1371958034.jpg

post-89-0-12038200-1371958059.jpg

post-89-0-94163900-1371958091.jpg

donation2008.gif

Here's the 45/70 Remington Lee Navy I had to buy to go with the belt. Normally you buy the gun first then the belts and equipment. But about 5 yrs ago, as mentioned, I found the magazine belt at a show and bought it knowing two things, first it was extremely rare and 2nd, I would have to get a rifle that goes with it.

As years past, too many priorities and buying opportunities came along where the rifle took back stage, but every time I saw a RL at a show I would check out the price and they were always in the $2,000 and above range which was more then I wanted to pay for one just to match it up with the belt. I don't think there is a real big following for these rifle with a couple collector exceptions but they still don't run cheap.

Anyway, this one was a walk-in at a show and was only $1050 so I bought it. It's missing the cleaning rod but still a decent rifle.

Talk about timing and buying equipment before the gun, about an hour before I bought the rifle I found an early sling for a trapdoor/Krag and of course fits a Rem Lee Navy that I bought figuring that I would find a rifle for it someday. Well that day did come about hour later. Ray

post-89-0-04122200-1372772128.jpg

post-89-0-85901400-1372772166.jpg

donation2008.gif