rayg

My mannequin displays

post-89-1315953732.jpg

Of course I had to shoot it. Only 50 yrds first with full power jacket bullets and then my cast bullets. The cast ones did pretty good. Ray

post-89-1315953746.jpg

donation2008.gif

Just thought I would ad the following info. When the Russian contract was ended, the US government was working out a contract with Westinghouse to manufacture Browning Machine Guns but the contract wasn't finalized yet and they didn't want to lose the current experienced work force there. So the US government contracted with Westinghouse to make 200 thousand more rifles to keep the operation going and these last 200 thousand ones are considered an official USA manufactured arm for the US Ord dept not just a foreign weapon purchased and pressed into US service as the earlier ones were and are like the 1917 Enfields that had been officially contracted for.

In addition to the US Ord flaming bombs on the receiver and bolt here is one on the barrel.

post-89-1316602607.jpg

donation2008.gif

Great posts Ray, fascinating stuff!

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Thanks Will.

I've been asked a few times where I got the manikins. Well none of them are the quality professional manniquins that some collectors purchase but most are old store throw away store manikins but seven, (7), I made myself using store shirt/dress torso's and adding 2X4 legs and cardboard arms wih store bought molded rubber hands and syrofoam heads that I build up with plaster of paris and painted.

Here's some examples

post-89-1318298569.jpg

post-89-1318298703.jpg

donation2008.gif

The other day I was looking at my rifle grenade launchers and material and remembered it's missing the rifle AT grenade. The reason it's missing is a few years ago a WWII vet had given me one and remarked not to worry, it's not loaded. I had it on display for about a year and one day I decided to unscrew the head, and you guessed it, it was still loaded. I called the Sheriff's bomb disposal squad, I knew them as I worked with them, and asked if they wanted something live to practice with for a change. They were out within an hour with a big padded container trailer and took the grenade.

Anyway I haven't posted for a while so I thought I'd post a family grouping the WWII rifle grenade stuff. There's not a lot but what there is fairly scarce to find.

The early carbine launcher is the type that has the screw head and washer. Apparently it didn't work too well as the head would loosen up and fly off. Then they went to the solid one with the friction spring.

The two 1903 rifle launchers are of the 2nd type with the wider securing hinged cover. Then there's the early WWII grenade projector for the frag grenade, these early projectors are pretty scarce as most that were not used up in the war were rebuilt to the later type with only three prongs. Thought you might enjoy seeing them as a group, Ray

post-89-1325118158.jpg

post-89-1325118186.jpg

donation2008.gif

AAAHHHHH always like the Rifle Grenade stuff. Great collection Ray!!

You must prepare your mind for where your body might have to go.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Thanks latewatch. I just saw your collection of all the manufactures of the M-8 carbine launchers on another post. I never knew there were five different manufacturers of the M-8 launcher. Nice collection, Ray

donation2008.gif

Dusting off some of my helmets and looking through my posts I see I didn't take photos of the helmet on the WWII Inf guy has a Hawley liner. So here it is and also a few more added shots of my other early WWII ones.

it's a fixed bail with a Hawley liner.

post-89-1329240585.jpg

post-89-1329240602.jpg

donation2008.gif

I forgot this one. I knew I had an early Inland liner and here it is under the USMC cover helmet. Ray

post-89-1329452220.jpgpost-89-1329452249.jpg

donation2008.gif