best ancient general

gpspartans

Brian Dentino

Alexander the Great. The logistics required at the time, along with his execution of siege warfare along with on field strategy sets him apart in my book!

I will cast a vote for Alexander the "Pretty Good".

The fact that he was able to wage war in the Hindu Kush mountains back in his time is amazing. However Persia was not too much of a match for him by the time he came around... I would have liked to have seen Alexander go up against the Persians under Darius I....

I almost went with Hannibal or Alexander (some others of course), but Caesar keeping his head and winning v. such odds at Alesia seems unbeatable.

Raidercollector

• Genghis Khan gets my Vote. Ruled more land than any other army.

Mongolian warrior and ruler Genghis Khan created the largest empire in the world, the Mongol Empire, by destroying individual tribes in Northeast Asia.

Mongolian warrior and ruler Genghis Khan created the largest empire in the world, the Mongol Empire, by destroying individual tribes in Northeast Asia.

Plus he was a very busy boy. Millions have traces of his DNA.

• 1 month later...
Sgt. Swigart

what about Genghis Khan?

I would say he is second behind Alexander. A lot of what Genghis achieved actually took place after his death.

Sgt. Swigart

Alexander the Great. The logistics required at the time, along with his execution of siege warfare along with on field strategy sets him apart in my book!

Yes, I would agree with this