A Vintage Article About ASMIC

patches

Had to post this article from the November 1976 issue of Soldiers Magazine on ASMIC, the then Major William K. Emerson, and a Lady named Ann Betts.

(please forgive, as these image are large, making me post each page separately)

Page 1

post-34986-0-47029300-1427426155.jpg

I've heard of her before Bob, even back when I joined in 2003 I remember hearing about her collection.

Great article that nails exactly what ASMIC is about.

vintageproductions

Marge kept her patches on large poster boards. After she passed away little by little the boards have been coming out for sale.

I believe the blankets were Bill Emerson's and they have been sold off years ago and the patches stripped off of them.

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I use to trade with Annie when I would go to the Fort Belvoir meets before she retired as Director.  Her DI collection was mounted at the Rec Center for all to see.  One she displayed her Engineer collection and it was a fantastic collection.  I was told that the DI collection went to the QM Museum at Fort Lee, VA.  As for her cloth collection, I don't know what happen to it.  In addition to her military collection, she also collected Red Cross pins.

Larry

• 5 months later...
lamarhooten

Helped clean out the "Day Room" or TV room or whatever you called it, back in 1984 at Ft. Leavenworth KS. Found this 'Soldiers' magazine and most of the rest from 1975-1984. Kind of got me interested in collecting patches. The ASMIC show the next year in KC sealed the deal. Believe I might be lucky enough to have one of Ann Betts patches. Nothing special but from her. Grandmother to all patch collectors. Saint Annie maybe?!?!?