a few weekend flea market finds and a couple of donated items

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

The first group were finds from two flea markets I checked out last week. The shoulder board is one I don't recognize as it has maroon between the rank and no star or device. I am also hoping someone can help me with the large wing. Its pin back as are the gunner and observer wings. Any help with information on the shoulder board and wing would be appreciated. Also not sure on the ROC but it looks to be on Navy material.

post-6492-0-28438600-1427163051.jpg

kyhistorian01

there are more of my weekend finds. Patch medallion is made of plastic and looks to have been on a plaque at one point as it has glue residue on the back

post-6492-0-10845700-1427163330.jpg

kyhistorian01

the last group were a set of donations - all German made. I am going to post them in the DI section as I haven't been successful yet in identifying them

post-6492-0-09216600-1427163507.jpg

The bottom right DI is from the 28th Infantry Division. During the Korean War the 28th was sent to Germany to Garrison it while the Active Divisions were pulled to go to Korea.

Your gold wing is a Portuguese Air Force pilot wing and judging from the way the seal is cut out it may be an older piece.

The bottom right DI is from the 28th Infantry Division. During the Korean War the 28th was sent to Germany to Garrison it while the Active Divisions were pulled to go to Korea.

With the red disk, it is most likely the DIVARTY of the 28th INF DIV (or the artilliery brigade of the division, depending on when worn).