My NEWEST interest

37thguy

So, I've been gone quite awhile from the helmet scene as my interest has waned from the glorious M-1 helmet, but they have rekindled, of sorts, with the M-1s Grandchildren. The Kevlar series of helmets. My collecting interests in general have changed. While I'm still interested in the 37th Division, I've become fascinated with all of the modern weaponry and equipment of our current conflicts. I've been buying the current issue civilian counterparts in rifles, carbines, shotguns and pistols. Also, I'm buying all of the different issue uniforms, caps, and helmet covers, etc. just to put away.

These new helmets are really fascinating and I'm finding them quite complicated by time line.
While I at present, only have two helmets, an earlier issue PASGT and an ACH. I'll post the ACH here, then the PASGT. If I get anything wrong here, PLEASE correct me. I want to learn as much
about the modern helmet as I have learned about the glorious patriarch M-1, and I'll need your help to do it.
Heres the ACH. I should mention that I like things showroom fresh. I like the salty stuff when its been there and done that too. But for just collecting, nothing beats right outta the factory, IMHO. Just call me Mr. MINTY

post-729-0-98235000-1427067558.jpg

And the PASGT is Mint un issued as well. Has a still wrapped sweatband as well as the manual up inside. I gathered from some research on Helmet Attachments that this is a fairly early plastic mount? I know there's nothing crazy spectacular about these, but I like 'em. Hope you do too. More to come as I find them.

post-729-0-35337400-1427068183.jpg

Not sure. Found it on Ebay. Seems to me that the seller was amountainman? I bought the mount and the shroud from him. Reasonable prices and great stuff.

It's always nice to find new interests, or to at least refocus you collection. I've been into WWII dog tags since age 14, and only now at 29 I'm really getting into Vietnam era dog tags. Whole new war, equipment and experience

As I said in the other thread, great to have you back, and great to have another modern-era collector! Nice pieces, you already have a good start it seems :)

Im looking forward to learning from you guys. I don't know much at all about this era, but I'm eager to learn. I was thrilled to find that Mint PASGT and then to find the early mount was so cool. I'm hoping to do an entire time line with these like I did with my M1 collection. Don't know how particular I'll get just yet? This collection seems like it will be much simpler as they were made just 25 years or so, or less versus those pesky M1s from the 40s. Anyways I hope so. Already have a contact for an LWC in Coyote....I hope. Also I think I've found a TCH 2002 in TAN unissued. Now to find the $$$ as fast as I'm finding the helmets :dry:

Has there been any discussion as to dividing the helmet sections by what type? Havent been here in awhile so not sure whats been mentioned. As Im into the Kevlar era helmets now, its a real chore to find topics on them. Everything is M1 steel, not that that is a bad thing, but...

A separate KEVLAR helmet section might be nice? Just sayin :rolleyes:

PriorityOne

Has there been any discussion as to dividing the helmet sections by what type? Havent been here in awhile so not sure whats been mentioned. As Im into the Kevlar era helmets now, its a real chore to find topics on them. Everything is M1 steel, not that that is a bad thing, but...

A separate KEVLAR helmet section might be nice? Just sayin :rolleyes:

I have been thinking the same thing, while M1s are cool I like kevlar better!

I've PMd one of the Mods to see if we can make it happen. It's a topic and section thats growing more and more. Think its time to start its own section. Maybe called something like "MODERN HELMETS, 1980'S TO PRESENT" or "Composite Ballistic Helmets."

Fingers crossed. ;)

I'd like to see it too! I have collected two USMC and covers, both used in service in the middle east. My most recent one I will post here later in the week. It a large one with a surefire light attached. It would be nice to see these in a subsection.

That is one minty ACH. The only time I ever saw them that minty was when we swapped old ones for the ones with TBI sensors in the crowns. I also would like to see a modern helmet section. I only collect WWII M1s, but kept my ACH in a small area of my room. Seeing how each helmet is set up to the wearer's preference is always interesting. Great helmets you've got, by the way.