Work on the AMC Museum C-47 troop seats

Teamski

I am currently working with a fellow board member (Sorry Johnny, I can't recall your member ID) on stripping the troop seats to get them ready to paint and install in the Air Mobility Command Museum's combat vet C-47. They are going to look awesome! This particular C-47 is painted as it was when it dropped the 82nd over Normandy. It also dropped British Paratroopers of the 1st Airborne Division during Market Garden. There are still two bullet holes evident from the D-Day drops!

-Ski

post-3043-0-73299200-1427057979.jpg

This is a photo of a test fitting prior to stripping showing a section of seats folded down. The interior of the plane has since been repainted in more accurate OD interior color and the seat pans will be left bare as seen in period photos....

-Ski

post-3043-0-03553900-1427058621.jpg

One went through the floor and broke through the top of the fuselage. The floor was patched and the fuselage had a scarf patch riveted over the hole. The second hole is on the right side and also was patched over from the outside. I will have to take some photos next week.

-Ski

phantomfixer

No Problem Eric... cool thing about the C47 bullet holes....the crew chief from WWII came to the museum and pointed out the repaired holes...one by one...so was kinda cool..I missed the visit but he was there...crew chief of Turf and Sport...

the seats are looking good...last time we checked...we are going to leave the seat pans polished aluminum...the kick plate and back rest will be painted....

• 4 weeks later...