WWII 151st Armored Tank Company Uniform Grouping

devincu

Bazinga!!!....that is unreal and to top it all off is the missing pockets to the jump jacket.....crazy cool rare grouping!!!!... :love: ..mike

The family kept some of his items including a set of glider wings so he must have been qualified. I didn't see a set of jump wings.

Thanks

Devin

Thanks for the reply. The glider wings make sense. Will you replace those on the uniform? Once again, this is a great group!

Thank you Beast yes I am sure that a set of glider wings will be put back into the grouping for display. The family also kept a silver star that was in his stuff. I wish I new which division he went to after the 151st airborne Tank Company disbanded. I read that a bunch of them went to the 4th Armored division, but I don't think the did because of the PTO ribbons in the grouping.

Would this unit have used the M22 Locust? If so, from what I have read, it was intended to land it in a larger glider.

Yes

The M22.

Garandomatic -

Yes, Chuck Roberts for one in Illinois. Used to bring it out to reenactments and run it around a bit.

Incredible uniform grouping!

Very best,

Bill K.

• 4 months later...
Government Issue

Incredible group! I never knew there was such as thing as armored airborne. Maybe he removed the breast pockets from the jump jacket to reduce interference while inside the tank? The locust is a lot smaller than the stuart and I doubt he wanted to get the pockets snagged in the tank. It still blows my mind the locust saw operational use during operation varsity.

• 4 months later...

Hello devincu,

I'm new at this so I'll try to be brief. My Dad was a staff Sgt. in 151st. Airborne Tank Co. Clarence C. Davis was his name. I noticed you displayed a `yard-long' picture of the men. I'm pretty sure I spotted him in the picture. My question is; would it be possible to obtain a copy of that photograph? I would be happy to pay for any cost to do so.

Please inform. Many thanks!

Rdavis

blitzkrieg gsd

Very cool and very rare group like another member said this is the first group for this unit I have seen. Nice to know that these types of groups are still out there. It gives me hope that at any time you can still find something good out of the woodwork.

Hello devincu,

I'm new at this so I'll try to be brief. My Dad was a staff Sgt. in 151st. Airborne Tank Co. Clarence C. Davis was his name. I noticed you displayed a `yard-long' picture of the men. I'm pretty sure I spotted him in the picture. My question is; would it be possible to obtain a copy of that photograph? I would be happy to pay for any cost to do so.

Please inform. Many thanks!

Rdavis

Hello Rdavis, I would be happy to make a copy of it for you. Send me a pm and we can discuss the details.

Devin

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Devin,

I sent you a pm (I think) a couple of weeks ago. Just checking to see if you received them. Please inform if you did not & I'll try again.

Thanks!

Robert

• 7 months later...

I've honestly never heard anything about a WWII Airborne Tank unit. That's incredible!

I have this unit covered in my Vol 1 of Heroes In Our Midst. As an aside, I have a complete Mountain uniform worn by a member of this unit. Jack