Looks Like A Duck (DUKW) ?

fstop61

Looking at WW2-era vehicles for sale when I came across this one that's for sale in Missouri.......only $135,000. Yikes!

post-35406-0-28345200-1426986840.jpg

Folks, that is the lessor known "All Weather DUKW" modification kit.

One wonders if it was top heavy in the water, or prone to being blown by the wind.

The biggest collection of WWII DUKW in the world is over in Wisconsin Dell's. They have a fleet of them they maintain with surplus original parts. Also near the maintenance shop are junk DUKWs all over they keep on hand. They are a blast to go on a ride tour in through the river , down the roads and in the woods!

Actually, some of them continued on in government service with the Civil Defense units.

I believe that there is one in Minnesota right now which the City of St Paul apparently had for use in inspecting reservoirs.

Something like that anyway, or so I have been told.

phantomfixer

Boston has them too....Boston Duck Tours....kinda neat to ride in em...I think Baltimore has/had them too...cool that there are so many still in service....

Boston has them too....Boston Duck Tours....kinda neat to ride in em...I think Baltimore has/had them too...cool that there are so many still in service....

Right on! That continued use is likely the only thing that has kept the majority from simply being cut up and scrapped years and years ago.

• 2 years later...

I believe you can go on DUKW rides in Branson, MO.

I was part of a group that took a trip to Branson earlier this year and part of the trip was called "Ride the DUKWs". They have a fleet of about 10 that the drive through a tour path which includes about 15 minutes in the nearby lake. An added bonus they usually let a few of the passengers drive them for a minute or so. It was pretty fun for everyone but even more so for the avid history buff.

• 6 months later...

Do you or anyone know what happened to this ugly duckling? I kind of like it.lol

Is it for sale?

I'm looking for a Dukw unrestored driver and swimmer not to expensive?

Anyone have one or know of one possibly for sale or any possible leads. Greatly appreciate any help!! Please take a minute to help me. Any auctions comming up with one? Thanks Paul