Sign in to follow this  
Airborne-Hunter

A Week in Review: The Woodwork Pays Dividends

Pounded the ground pretty hard last week and here's everything I came home with. Enjoy

Saturday: 307th Airborne Medical Photo Album and bracelet and Luxenberg Navigator wing (posted before)

post-1800-0-28409800-1426985330.jpg

post-1800-0-76307500-1426985347.jpg

California

"Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

-Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

''A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'' Gerald Ford

"Those who melt their guns into plows will plow for those who don't." Thomas Jefferson

"I live in weirdville." Owen

donation2011.gif

Sunday: The flea market yielded lots of great stuff, but these were the only military items I found. Please note that not everything pictured is correct, but this is as I received it and it was cheap enough to boot.

post-1800-0-60247500-1426985478.jpg

post-1800-0-60399600-1426985480.jpg

California

"Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

USAF

''A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'' Gerald Ford

"Those who melt their guns into plows will plow for those who don't." Thomas Jefferson

donation2011.gif

Monday: Hit up a local haunt and came home with these goodies.

post-1800-0-76495800-1426985573.jpg

post-1800-0-41479200-1426985576.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

more Monday

post-1800-0-54307500-1426985611.jpg

post-1800-0-89393700-1426985612.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

last Monday

post-1800-0-12267400-1426985653.jpg

post-1800-0-01902400-1426985655.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Tuesday: Some more local places brought out these goodies. The patch is Japanese made and the binoculars are Canadian.

post-1800-0-12807600-1426985724.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Nice EGA you picked up, if your ever in the mood to rid yourself of it...Let me know! Nice scores btw

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Wednesday: A friend of mine picked up this group, but decided it didn't fit his interest much so it came my way. Included helmet, dog tag bracelet, two medals and some letters and other paper (not pictured) from the 103rd MG.

post-1800-0-72758000-1426985838.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

more Wednesday

post-1800-0-11674700-1426985878.jpg

post-1800-0-96782200-1426985880.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

more Wednesday

post-1800-0-21668500-1426985923.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

last Wednesday

post-1800-0-25756000-1426985960.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Thursday was a down day.

post-1800-0-51464400-1426985997.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Friday: All came from a local shop. Probably overpaid for the M1917A1 but I wanted to come home with it.

post-1800-0-97425200-1426986088.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

more Friday, the "US Army Tank" is a pencil sharpener.

post-1800-0-10849900-1426986152.jpg

post-1800-0-74847800-1426986153.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

last Friday

post-1800-0-22219600-1426986210.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Today (Saturday #2): Odd Construction on the patch on the left, appears to be later and Japanese made. The one on the right is USA made. That's all. Thanks for looking best ABN

post-1800-0-13506500-1426986292.jpg

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

That 103rd MG helmet is a killer. Now all you need to find is one of the painted gas mask bags to display with it, and those seem to show up a little more often than the helmets. Great finds!

-- Jon

In memory of Dr. Leo P. Krall, USPHS
USS Uniontown (PF-65)

Interested in uniforms / groupings from Massachusetts and New England veterans

(particularly 26th "Yankee" Division), and original propaganda leaflets from WWI and WWII.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Looks like a great week.

Very nice items.Like the variety.

The EGA is a beauty.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Cool stuff. Goes to show how getting out in the world and beating the streets can pay off.

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Great ww1 items and the zepplein badges which our local flea market turned that great amount of militaria.

CIGAR KING

nice 103rd mg stuff, I have a tunic from a local guy that was also a wagoneer in hq co.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

Great stuff!!!....any cool photos in that 307th photo album?....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

I tried IM'ing you but your mail box is full. Surprise!! LOL!

I received quite a few PM's from this topic...trying to take care of them as best I can...

SGT Dorango, I posted the photos from the album in a previous topic. See the link below:

link

California

USAF

donation2011.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.