Bullion US Navy VF-173 patch

Siamundo

I recently bought a small mixed group of US Navy insignia online. Even though there had been no mention of it in the listing nor included in any of the photos, imagine my surprise when I open the box and found this nice bullion VF-173 patch included. I didn't know much about the squadron until I looked them up and found they were active from 1948 until 1959

post-2744-0-96222600-1426952335.jpg

I am guessing this might be made in the Mediterranean area somewhere as the squadron made three or four cruises in that area with Carrier Air Group 17 and 4 during the 1950s.

post-2744-0-20989000-1426952512.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind words. Funny thing, I had been having a little bit of buyer's regret before the package arrived wondering if I had overpaid for the other items, but finding this quickly made everything all right.

firefighter

Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind words. Funny thing, I had been having a little bit of buyer's regret before the package arrived wondering if I had overpaid for the other items, but finding this quickly made everything all right.

Saint Patchulis* was looking down on you.

*Patron saint of patch collecting.I just made

him up.

I like that, firefighter :) On a side note I wrote the seller thanking him for including this. He told me he collected patches when he was young and his father was in the Navy from 1944-1964. He also told me this patch came from a tailor shop in Atsugi, Japan between 1956 and 1959.

firefighter

I like that, firefighter :) On a side note I wrote the seller thanking him for including this. He told me he collected patches when he was young and his father was in the Navy from 1944-1964. He also told me this patch came from a tailor shop in Atsugi, Japan between 1956 and 1959.

Sweet to know where it was made and time period.