WWI USMC leggings

collector

Second - U.S.M.C. Phil. Depot marked, can't see a date. Both have buckles dated 12-25-06, and are very similar in other respects except color. The 1917 pair may have been light greenish, although are now faded, and the later pair appear more mustard colored.

post-1414-1216676578.jpg

Does anyone have a pair of the 1917 dated ones, who might be able to tell me what the full marking might read? I can't make out much else but the April 1917.

Also would like a manufacturing time frame for the second pair.

camelgreen44

Collector, Dug out an old 1918 U.S.N. Sea Bag that I have ,with some uniforms etc. in it. Found the same leggings,plus a pair in white. They both have patent dates on the buckles of 12/25/06, but the ink manuf. (patent) dates say April 18 either 1913 or 1918 , probably have to go with 1918. Interesting..... Denny

post-334-1216688035.jpg

post-334-1216688048.jpg

post-334-1216688096.jpg

Thanks camelgreen44, your's is very similar. The other legging not shown has the right part of the stamping that was sewn over on the one pictured, but it's not that legible. When I get home, I can have another look and see if the maker is the same, the picture is not clear enough. Is the foot strap on yours leather, it looks like it in the shot.

Good discussion, great to see the topic revived.

Last year I made a topic on WWI USMC leggings http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...ic=4930&hl=

Other than Greg Robinson, there didn't seem to be much interest last year.

Nice leggings Frankie.

I didn't have interest in them until last year, and a thread I started didn't go too far either. Leggings are not a hot topic yet.

In the thread you refered to, your #2 pair are identical to mine. Greg mentioned they might be Navy, so could have been worn by Marines.

My pair (the 1917 ones) supposedly were from a Marine.

David