"M-14 Rifle" Pouch

anelles

Found these at the local surplus store, mixed in with a hundred or so regular ALICE M-16 pouches.

Their brand new, never used. Stamped US and have "M-14 Rifle" follwed by a DSA number in the flap. Smalled stamped numbers on the rear, like many other issue pouches.

The have a single devider inside, and hold two M14 mags.

The build quality and contruction is top notch. Definitely not imported knock-off quality.

Any idea what era these are from? The material color seems to match up with later period ALICE gear, but the design is obvious more in line with M1967 equipment.

post-6134-0-06528200-1426544785.jpg

post-6134-0-09242000-1426544790.jpg

post-6134-0-22660300-1426544816.jpg

Flap reads "M-14 Rifle DSA 100 4691 6486 362 803?"

Some of the numbers might be wrong, the Ink is a bit unclear.

Found some more info on these on other forums, everything seems to point to them being a Navy and Coast Guard contracts from the late 90's to early 2000's.

At some point the manufacurer marketed the exact same design to suplus stores in Black, Tan, and Camo. These all lack stamps, but are otherwise identicle.

Snaps are brass.

Best explanation I can find is that sometime in the 1990's the Navy needed some M-14 pouches, and just contracted out the last design in the books.

Something is just not right for me on these pouches. They may be issue but the DSA number and the name of the item "M-14 Rifle" just does not seem right to me. I hope I am wrong, then I have another set to hunt down.

Just my 2 cents

Bob