Just Came In The Mail Today: USMC 13th Def Bn

Tom Pearcy

Since the 13th was stationed in Hawaii, I have a strong suspicion that that is where they were made. Maybe someone can shed more light on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the 13th was stationed in Hawaii. Someone posted some Hawaii "sweetheart" patches (WWII?) that are embroidered on white felt and so I put two and two togethet. Maybe my math is wrong. I'm sure there is someone out there that can confirm either way.

• 1 year later...
agate hunter

Here's an original photo I have of a Marine wearing a 13th Defense Battalion patch like the one shown, with a white border and no eye on the seahorse. No info on the back of it.

post-10495-0-51669400-1460493674.jpg

vintageproductions

Standard US made as when the Wosk's first started selling they had a few bundles of these.

• 2 years later...

I am resurrecting this older thread rather than start a new one. I recently picked up a different embroidered on felt version of the 13th Defense Battalion so I thought I'd try and keep them together for future reference.

This version is fully embroidered on felt with a blue border. Found a large box of 50's-60s era High School Band patches. Ya gotta look everywhere!

post-1604-0-78391800-1528639162.jpg

post-1604-0-18514100-1528639177.jpg

I am resurrecting this older thread rather than start a new one. I recently picked up a different embroidered on felt version of the 13th Defense Battalion so I thought I'd try and keep them together for future reference.

This version is fully embroidered on felt with a blue border. Found a large box of 50's-60s era High School Band patches. Ya gotta look everywhere!

I really like this embroidered on felt version with the blue border. Found one recently on a uniform.

I got curious what FMF stood for so did some digging. One source said the 13th served on Oahu with the Fleet Marine Force. So I'm gonna guess that's what it means. But I'm often not great at guessing.

• 2 weeks later...