Help with M1911 .45 Colt/ Remington?

cmt04444

I picked this up today from the family of a veteran for what I thought was a steal. When I got home and did research it appears that this may be a Colt manufactured pistol that was rebuilt for WW2 with a Remington Slide. It has what I assume are arsenal marks on it. I just want to make sure it is a ww2 pistol and I was curious if the fact that it was rebuilt hurts the value. What would a gun like this be worth?

post-133657-0-51950800-1426267933.jpg

Thats what I thought, I was not sure if it was arsenal marks from the rebuilt or British marks. It belonged to a US vet though.

WWI frame with WWII slide. As mentioned, barrel looks to have British proof marks. Parkerization looks nice and appears to match Rear sight looks tall and was likely replaced. More likely a shooter than collector piece. I think if you got it for $800 or so, you're OK.

Well I got it for $335 with the holster, so I think I did just fine. I offered $500 but he only wanted $300 plus $35 for the holster, I couldn't believe it.

If the rear sight dovetail and the slot for the front sight have not been enlarged, it may be possible to put GI sights back on that slide.