Vietnam Special Forces JJ Possibly Belonged to MSG William B Hunt

63 RECON

Hey all,

Picked this up a while back and it may have belonged to a SSG William B Hunt who was reported MIA, Nov 1966.

With the scroll on the uniform and according to the Raddix website William B Hunt was assigned to Det B-36, A-302/362/2nd Bn, 3MSFC.

Hunt William B Jr SSG 06/01/66 11/04/66 RAD OP TAY NINH MIA

More info at these websites.

http://www.sfa25.org/page4.html

http://sfachapterix.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/vietnam-green-berets-and-nungs.html

Thanks for looking.

Ryan

post-117117-0-53926100-1426230561.jpg

I was friends with son years ago...he was a Special Forces Officer and we both served in special operations...real good guy unfortunately he didn't get to know his dad because he was so young when he went MIA.

hi guys,

thanks for the comments.

Copran it does have a name written in biro but hard to read, looks like J.J R AB? or some such.

Ealbert, it is sad he never knew his father especially with reports coming out that he may have been a POW. From what I've read the son has manged to visit the site where his father went missing a few times.

cheers

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

Really super nice jungle jacket late 66-early 67 issue. Went to required OD insignia early 67 ( at least in the 1st Cav, we had to stain our uniform insignia with a dye they gave us} One I would like to have with my small RT Collection!

Ryan,

May I ask you were you picked this one up?

I belive I have an old email from a seller (MT) that tried to sell this one to me some years back. Will try look through my emails.

Best

Martin

• 1 year later...