US M1902 Army Officer Saber Display

SARGE

Gents,

The Kansas City Military Collectors Club (KCMCC) puts on a public militaria display every year and this year it was in Leavenworth, KS, home of Fort Leavenworth.

http://www.kcmcc.org/

I did a display of 100 years of service of the US Model 1902 Army Officer Saber. I thought I would post a few pictures of the display for your viewing pleasure. This display was done last weekend at the Leavenworth Community Center and we had a very good turnout and some very knowledgeable active and retired Army Officers who really appreciated the displays.

KCMCC 2015 1.jpeg.JPG

KCMCC 2015 2.jpeg.JPG

MVC-211F.JPG

KCMCC 19.JPG

Extremely nice display and I am sure it was appreciated. Always glad to see someone who can display these things to the general public.

Thanks for the kudos gents.

Here is an example of one of the deluxe presentation swords shown in the closeup. It is a 1913 presentation to a Sergeant of the Ancient & Honorable Artillery Company of the Boston Militia from his men. This fellow was a Civil War veteran and the sword maker as well. These A&HAC Sergeants were all prominent men from the Boston area serving in this elite US Militia Artillery Company.

G Harding sword.JPG

G Harding sword hilt.JPG

G Harding AHA blace close.JPG

G Harding blade.JPG

G Harding logo 2.JPG

G Harding backstrap.JPG

Sarge, Great display. Did you include your PC sword?? and if so what were the comments? Also did you see a PC Japanese buckle hit e bay this am and before I could try to buy it it sold for 200.00 which I would have paid and been happy to do so.

Once again a really fine display. I hope it was appreciated.

Ron Norman

Hi Ron,

I did not see the PC Japanese occupation buckle on ebay. It looks like we both missed it, although I have one that came from a downed US fighter pilot who brought it back. These are rare... rare... rare... as you know.

I did have my Philippine Constabulary sword along with my Philippine Army sword from the ten year time period of the US Commonwealth. Sadly, they mostly passed un-noticed. Too many variations on display for the general public I think. Collectors pick up on the differences however.

Philippine Army sword.JPG

Philippine Army blade close.JPG

Philippine Army hilt.JPG

Philippine Commonwealth seal.JPG

Philippine sword US flag.JPG