PFC Robert Schrecengost, 716th MP Batt Ft Dix, NJ 1957-1963

Ngrovcam

Good evening gents,

A few years ago I went on a summer camp with my church called Catholic Heart Work Camp to Irwin, PA outside of Pittsburg. Our volunteer group was sent in the last day (after remodeling an elderly woman's porch) to help with housekeeping and basic jobs around this couple's home. The man was distant, he didn't say a word! His wife was talking about Alzheimer's and I noticed a photo of him on the wall in Army Greens as an MP. I went and shook his hand, next thing you know all we talk about was his time in! He drive donuts around the parade ground at Fr Dix in 1957....wow what a story! That's what we built this amazing friendship on, and as his Alzheimer's progressed we talked more about the Army. I even put together a set if greens for him according to his DD-214 and flew up to give it to him! He insisted on dinner and the entire restaurant clapped...a random man payed for us all! He was so happy....tonight I was informed that PFC Schrecengost passed away....good ole bob was an amazing guy- PFC Schreck he called himself! Below are some pics, please keep him and his wife joann in your prayers.post-64499-0-28516800-1425785503.jpgpost-64499-0-04383900-1425785514.jpg

What a nice thing to do for him, he looks proud as punch in the uniform you gave him.

My condolences to all concerned.