A "Death waits in the dark" Night Stalker patch variant

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Hi all,
Here is an interesting find,an unofficial patch for the 160th SOAR,known as the Night Stalkers.These guys were made famous in the movie" Blackhawk Down".
What caught my eye with this piece is the way it was made,which is different from the other Night Stalkers patches I have in my collection.Most noticeably are the unusual colors used,orange scrolls and a grey border on the main disk.
This also has a cut edge,and no plastic backing.There is paper in the scroll areas and on the back of the moon.The embroidery style is a "loose " weave,seen best on the back of the main disk.

I can't be 100% sure,but everything I see on this patch points,to me at least,to it being of German manufacture.

post-13386-0-01107700-1425777711.jpg

Patchcollector

I always liked that design.And yes those guys are Bad A**.

Me too.And yeah I agree with your assessment of the guys from that unit ^_^

• 6 years later...
sheffield steel

Hi..i have the same patch on a flight jacket..plus couple others from i assume owners former unit. Ive had the jacket a long time since early 80'sUntitled_Message (5).zipUntitled_Message (5).zipUntitled_Message (4).zipUntitled_Message (4).zipUntitled_Message (4).zipUntitled_Message (4).zipUntitled_Message (4).zipUntitled_Message (4).zip

160910462_Untitled_Message(4).zip