WW1 Navt Pilot's Off Uniform Group

Belleauwood

Belleauwood
Dennis - yet another great Aviation group. Thanks for posting & sharing!

Bobgee

Many Thanks - Should have posted this in "Groupings" - This guy was really special!

Croix de Guerre

SPECTACULAR! I've seen some of this stuff in person, but to be honset Dennis has so much really cool stuff it's kind of an information overload. To see these items in this format gives you a chance to sit back, breathe and take it all in. For all of you younger collectors out there, I don't mean to sound like an old guy B****ing but, look closely at some of these postings 'cause you aren't gonna see the like of these again. Years from now you can sit around at some show swapping lies and asking, man did you see that super early Navy and Marine stuff that was up on the forum back in '08?

Either that or become an attorney and buy it when all us old guys are worm castles! w00t.gif

IMPERIAL QUEST

I couldn't agree more CdG. Indeed, pay very close attention folks...as you may not EVER see groupings this magnificent as posted by this member as long as you live. These represent the absolute pinnacle of collecting at its finest. Most collectors will go their entire live without ever seeing something like this, let alone own one. After obtaining groupings of this caliber of historical significance, you can sit back and take comfort in knowing that it does not get any better than this.

BTW, did I mention how much I like this grouping??

Belleauwood
I couldn't agree more CdG. Indeed, pay very close attention folks...as you may not EVER see groupings this magnificent as posted by this member as long as you live. These represent the absolute pinnacle of collecting at its finest. Most collectors will go their entire live without ever seeing something like this, let alone own one. After obtaining groupings of this caliber of historical significance, you can sit back and take comfort in knowing that it does not get any better than this.

BTW, did I mention how much I like this grouping??

How much do you guys get for adding all the fluff??? - I truly appreciate the complements - I have been VERY fortunate to locate these groups. It's not a money thing, it's just not available at any price! - We are only the caretakers of this priceless history. The layers of the onion get harder to peel over time. Now is the time to preserve these artifacts and record the history before the layers obscure the facts.

Thanks Again, Dennis

IMPERIAL QUEST
How much do you guys get for adding all the fluff??? - I truly appreciate the complements - I have been VERY fortunate to locate these groups. It's not a money thing, it's just not available at any price! - We are only the caretakers of this priceless history. The layers of the onion get harder to peel over time. Now is the time to preserve these artifacts and record the history before the layers obscure the facts.

Thanks Again, Dennis

Dennis,

I get a sense of awe, admiration, and respect for the accomplishments that these items represent...and that is payment enough. I am just glad to see this in the hands of someone who appreciates their non-monetary value. Too often, one of a kind groupings over the years have fallen into the hands of blood thirsty wolves, looking for the highest bidder, but not in this case. I would hope that many, many, many years into the future when you pass, you will have arranged to pass this into the hands of an equally deserving individual with a conservators mind, so that others may continue to enjoy the history. I for one am very glad to NOT see these items in a museum; only later to possibly be packed away or sold to enterprising individuals. I am sorry, I just "fluffed" again...but believe me, my words are from the heart. ;)

bravo.gif Thank you for taking the time once again to share your collection with us. You could almost start charging admission at this point. The BW and CGD Museum has a nice ring to it, dont you think?

Belleauwood
Dennis,

I get a sense of awe, admiration, and respect for the accomplishments that these items represent...and that is payment enough. I am just glad to see this in the hands of someone who appreciates their non-monetary value. Too often, one of a kind groupings over the years have fallen into the hands of blood thirsty wolves, looking for the highest bidder, but not in this case. I would hope that many, many, many years into the future when you pass, you will have arranged to pass this into the hands of an equally deserving individual with a conservators mind, so that others may continue to enjoy the history. I for one am very glad to NOT see these items in a museum; only later to possibly be packed away or sold to enterprising individuals. I am sorry, I just "fluffed" again...but believe me, my words are from the heart. ;)

I can assure you that these items will never go to a musuem! I have never been to the Marine Corps Museum, but have heard stories of boxes of historcal items packed away to never see the light of day again. I have not personally seen this but only report what I've been told by other researchers that have been there. In my mind, the Brewer group (Marine Pilot), is one of the most significant articles in Marine Aviation history. But if Alfred Cunningham's articles are kept in the USMC Museum basement, then I'm sure that would be the fate of Brewer. I'm not assigning blame here, but how can any Museum disply all that has been given to them by all those well meaning donars? Same applies to the Air Force Museum. I hope we can continue this conversation one day over a cold one!

Thank You Again,

Dennis

Belleauwood
bravo.gif Thank you for taking the time once again to share your collection with us. You could almost start charging admission at this point. The BW and CGD Museum has a nice ring to it, dont you think?

Sure does! We are planning to do joint display when the timing works out at a major show. Should be interesting. He has some killer stuff. It's about tme he breaks out the WW1 332 American Ambulance Service grouping. It's one of the finest to be had!!

Best, Dennis

Croix de Guerre
Sure does! We are planning to do joint display when the timing works out at a major show. Should be interesting. He has some killer stuff. It's about tme he breaks out the WW1 332 American Ambulance Service grouping. It's one of the finest to be had!!

Best, Dennis

I already did, it's buried on page two of the "Groupings" forum...but I can't talk any more I have to go get a job,,,,,,,,,, yucky.gif