So Many Doorknobs, So Little Time......Shotgun Door Breaching

Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

I ran across this image and just liked it. These are US Marines training in door breaching techniques using the Benelli M1014 shotgun. Not sure of the when or where.

Regards,

Charlie

So many doorknobs.jpg

Looks like it might be CAX at 29 Palms

Or Mojave Viper

Or Enhanced Mohave Viper

Essentially same thing, they keep changing the name

Dirt Detective

I wonder if our Fire Chief would let us use this method for breaching ? :) Cool pic..thanks for showing.

Charlie Flick

Brig, thanks for the ID on the location of the first image.

Here is another image of the Benelli M1014 in action with the Marines at Fallujah, Iraq in 2006. The guy on the right has the shotgun.

Regards,

Charlie

Marines raid Fallujah garage Benelli M1014 May 2006 ed.jpg

When I deployed to Iraq in 2005, our Corpsmen were still being treated as non-combatants and only carried pistols. We gave them the 1014's since technically they were to be used for breaching and engine block disabling, allowing the Corpsmen to technically remain non-combatants, and for us to have the weapons on site and not forcing a rifleman to give up his rifle.

On a side note, if anyone ever buys any of those flight suits we use to use 2006-2007 (maybe longer), I highly recommend laundering them just to be safe, skivvies were rarely worn beneath them :lol:

Charlie Flick

Would those Marines be using a slug or 00 buckshot or what type of load?

Terry

Hi Terry:

One can't be certain but my guess is that they are probably using the specialized 12 gauge ammunition developed specifically for door breaching actions. See below for a box of this stuff I have in my collection.

Regards,

Charlie

12 ga Door Breaching 5 rd box.jpg

Excellent topic. If my memory serves me right, some SEALs carried (and may still carry) pump shotguns as a secondary in Iraq. I remember speaking to a frog who said he carried a shotgun in a specially tailored sheath on the back of his carrier when he was running around the city. He said nothing was better for up close and personal...