Duxford WWII weekend trailer in HD cool flying

phantomfixer

phantomfixer

I think Duxford is an annual airshow in May...pretty sure it is...I was TDY to Mildenhall and had to leave right before the show ...this was back in 1995ish time period...was totally bummed about missing the show...did get a chance to kick around Duxford during my TDY though......

I'm fascinated by the Battle of Britain - I read pretty much everything I can find. The Spitfires are beautiful but they can't match the allure (hopefully the right word) of the Hurricane in my book. What I always find amazing is that their guns fired 303 rounds. An American 50 cal could shred a plane or pretty much anything else but with a 303 they certainly seemed under gunned. It just makes what they did more amazing.

Museums are nice, on-line videos are nice... but nothing matches hearing the roar of the engines and watching them in flight.

I was lucky enough to see the full Commemorative Air Force show years ago... nothing like it.

Thanks for posting!

I'll be there for my annual pilgrimage. Piston-powered warbird heaven! ( There are several photo-reports of past events I previously added and which can be found in the forum's archives. If anyone's interested just enter Flying Legends in the search engine)

phantomfixer

See the pilot in the Red Bull B25 hauling that stick/yoke around in the bank....Awesome footage...yep nothing like it up close and personal.....Thanks for the video!

for those on the Easy Coast of the USA...The Military Air Museum is having thier WWII weekend air show 15 May....only 4 hours from my house...never knew the museum exsisted...but check em out for extensive aircraft collection...some rare planes and they fly!

Apart from the flying displays, there are the added attractions of the superlative American Air Museum in Britain, The Land Warfare Hall (tanks and artillery etc) Airspace (the history of British aviation) plus the various restoration / conservation hangars where they work miracles with old warbirds, keeping 'em flying!

http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford/exhibitions

As a longtime Spitfire junkie I was finally able to make Legends in 2005. Well worth it. Love the sound of Spitfires in flight

The funny thing about those videos is the batteries of cameras, telephoto lenses and even notepads.

It makes you wonder if anyone is actually watching the show!

There was a recent study that showed people actually had a clearer memory of the event if they weren't busy taking photos. (And yes, I do it as well!)