• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Show us your 2015 SOS hauls-for those who were not there....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! I also sigh...

***Items from unit called 8th Field Depot***

[Most frequently-sought unit because of family connection]

Intact ["out of the woodwork"] Marine Corps combat groups from WWII.

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Marine Corps valor recipient items.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

Patience. People usually post over the week after they get home, unpack and get some sleep. We'll probably see some posts in the coming week.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Should have called this thread 'Salt the Wounds of those Who Didn't Make it to the 2015 SOS' :lol:

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Patience. People usually post over the week after they get home, unpack and get some sleep. We'll probably see some posts in the coming week.

Yeah brother...thought that a couple of dats ago...lol

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Should have called this thread 'Salt the Wounds of those Who Didn't Make it to the 2015 SOS' :lol:

Way to rub the salt in, eh? ;) The posts will probably add a few pints of lemon juice as well!

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

Here is part of my haul... I flew in/out so I couldn't pack the helmet, bell crown and gas mask set that went with the 13th Regt Group but I'll post photos of all of it when the rest gets here. It was a great show. Till then here is a little preview of what I have with me.

post-4618-0-15187800-1425251078.jpg

Here is part of my haul... I flew in/out so I couldn't pack the helmet, bell crown and gas mask set that went with the 13th Regt Group but I'll post photos of all of it when the rest gets here. It was a great show. Till then here is a little preview of what I have with me.

Wow, nice haul!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Here's my favorite finds of the weekend...

post-122639-0-78174100-1425254409.jpg

Bob Davis
Secretary, Arizona Chapter, The Orders and Medals Research Society
ASMIC Member #5364, OVMS Member #11939
US Army Infantry 2001-2009, OIF/OEF Veteran

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Here's my favorite finds of the weekend...

Beautiful selection of CIB variations!

If you would have saved some for the rest of us, you wouldn't have to worry about not having enough room. Lol. Great uniforms.

donation2012.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2017.gif

Look forward to seeing more! Thx for taking time to post these...

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

Well I went to the SOS to mostly sell and did well. But I could not pass up this Viet made US Navy flag grouping. It is approx 2 X 3 feet. It is completely all hand sewn and is 2 sided. It is for the Small Craft Repair Facility in Danang. I believe it is designated YR70. It is named to a diver and includes his Viet made tapes from his uniform a few medals and 3 pictures and his watch engraved to the back. It is the only one I have ever seen and demonstrates the quality of work that goes into original viet made flags. It probably took its place in one of my favorite pieces in my Vietnam collection.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-75601300-1425331389.jpg

post-592-0-00674700-1425331457.jpg

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"
Jimi Hendrix

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2020.gif

My first SOS haul:

I picked up two berets that fit nicely into my Vietnam era US Army Special Forces collection.

The beret on the left is a 1962 dated Fleur de Lis beret with an in-country made second variation 5th Special Forces group flash.

The beret on the right is a 1968 DSA dated beret with an interesting flash variation.

I was very glad to find these pieces at the show. Just as enjoybale was chatting with fellow collectors with the same collectiong interests.

post-53939-0-68925900-1425332747.jpg

I like the CIB with the attached 10 th Div.I had a friend in the 10th that passed away a year ago.He was in the 86th reg. G Co. his name was Ron Fair.He was 89 years old.Started in the tank destroyers.Received the Bronze Star at lake Garda.Told me their BAR man's name was Renner.They ask him to spell his name backwards and it would stump him every time.He said they were going up the lake in DUKWS to the tunnels that the Germans were blowing up.The Lt. told Renner to cover the tunnels as they were getting closer and he took that as he was to shoot so he opened up right next to Rons ear.He said the 88's were firing and he figured it was only a matter of time till they got hit.So when they hit ground he didn't to be a sitting duck.He went running to the tunnel firing his rifle.He said they yelled there goes Fair he's gone crazy again.He said he did'nt to die in that damn DUCK and they gave him a Bronze Star for it.