Philippine made Special Forces Airborne patches ID: PHILIPPINE ARMY

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

I saw these in the store today. The backs scream Philippine made. Are these for US forces? There was a pin that matched one of the patches, and appears to be foreign made and very heavy metal.

ocsfollowme

I saw these in the store today. The backs scream Philippine made. Are these for US forces? There was a pin that matched one of the patches, and appears to be foreign made and very heavy metal.

post-122868-0-23743100-1425197360.jpg

ocsfollowme

Are these American patches? The patch on the left was $65 and the one on the right was $45, and the right had the matching pin for $45. Not sure what they are worth.

ocsfollowme

Not sure if these are worth the sticker price foe me to go back. I am sure the one on the left is philippine worn too. Wikipedia states the the us green berets trained the unit on the right.

I've seen these before, if I remember they were not going for all that much maybe below $20 I may be wrong, I am not sure if these are US

They are used by Filipinos. They are also way overpriced. I used to have a fair amount and never got more than about 15 for any of them

ocsfollowme

Thanks Wake and All-Bull. I am glad I did not spend money on these! Mods please remove if US SF forces did not wear these, even in training up the Filipinos.

Glad you got them identified.I was searching through some Thai SF stuff and was leaning toward Philippine as nothing was close to the Thai ones.I agree the value is to much and more in line with what was stated.

As noted, Philippine Army Special Forces.

These are constantly confused for Vietnam Era US patches.

Another one that gets people confused is the Philippine Army Ranger patches and badges.

Unfortunately some folks end up bidding them up on eBay thinking they are US patches.

As noted, the prices you are seeing are ridiculous. Perhaps the vendor is thinking they are Vietnam issue for US forces as well.

Scout Ranger.jpg

Thanks Wake and All-Bull. I am glad I did not spend money on these! Mods please remove if US SF forces did not wear these, even in training up the Filipinos.

I think they are good for future refferance.The more we see the more we know ;)

As Gil stated a lot of the units get confused for US.

Many of the Central American patches also have a heavy US influance just as the Thai,Phillipino and Taiwanese patches.

Yes, Philippine Army Special Forces patches. The one on the left (gray) has the map of the Philippines on it. The one on the right (yellow) is still being used. There is a subdued variant as well. Usually, the airborne tab is separate. These are easily found in the Philippines, a lot of the uniform/ patch shops carry them. The patches cost a bit over US 1.00, the pins less than US 3.00. That's how much they go for (in the Philippines).

Salvage Sailor

Yep P.I. armed forces,

Posting these additional SF patches just for reference and yes, they are often mistaken for US patches

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2246.JPG

ocsfollowme

So OK gents, the philippine ground forces patch that salvage sailor posted, I was led to believe US soldiers wore. It is on my WW2 quilts. Did US soldiers wear this working with philippine soldiers? If not, then I need to take it off my quilt. Please advise

• 5 years later...

The patch in the lower right corner – the “Airborneasaurus” patch – was made for the members of U.S. Special Forces Association Chapter 16 located at Fort Lewis, Washington. My understanding is that this patch was made after a General made a speech at one of the Chapter’s meetings stating that the Special Forces mission was changing and that “today’s troopers are no longer like the dinosaurs over there” as he pointed at a table where a group of Vietnam War Special Forces veterans were sitting together.