Young Collectors Display's (21 and under)

Sregez80

also...is anyone good at identifying old pins? I have two really old ones I cant find what they are

post them, someone has to know. I'll take a dig around, I'm bored anyway!

Buckshot329

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229055-my-83rd-infantry-division-museumwar-room/&do=findComment&comment=1817686

This is the link to an earlier thread of mine showing my 83rd focussed part of my collection. I still have to get around taking more pictures of my other war room but hope to do soon.

I turned 21 about a month ago and have been collecting since I was 12 and more seriously since I was 15-16. Hope you enjoy

Im 14 going on 15 years, I started out trying to do airborne but I had no patience for that and only got a few original items from that faze. Then I collected specifically Tank Destroyer items [mostly photos], now I just focus on anything that looks cool, mostly ETO infantry and armored division items. this is just the main bulk of my collection, I have other smaller items scattered thru-out my room [The helmet insignias are hand panted by me]

post-154107-0-03597100-1425240902.jpg

Collector .45

It has been quite a while since I posted my collection, so I figured I would do so. I'm 19 and have been collecting for about 6 years now. I started in middle school and I'm nearing the end of my freshman year in college. My collection is fairly specific to Minnesota related items but stuff from surrounding states manages to slip in. I'm still working on my first three hundred uniforms or so and I think I'm up to about 150. I primarily collect Army Air Corps but other stuff floats in. This is my display as of December. Some items are out of place but they are only holding the space until I find the right items. I don't have a lot of space in my room but I can manage. In early January, I framed and wired my collection room in my basement. I plan to get it finished in May. Its roughly 10x12 so I can finally begin to pull out a lot of the other stuff that just does not fit in my room. Let me know what you guys think. I'm looking forward to seeing other younger collector's collections, so keep the pictures coming!

- Henry

post-104196-0-52731300-1425241835.jpg

ViewfinderGyrene

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229055-my-83rd-infantry-division-museumwar-room/&do=findComment&comment=1817686

This is the link to an earlier thread of mine showing my 83rd focussed part of my collection. I still have to get around taking more pictures of my other war room but hope to do soon.

I turned 21 about a month ago and have been collecting since I was 12 and more seriously since I was 15-16. Hope you enjoy

Jelle, is that you old boy?! Glad to see you're a member! PM me sometime and we'll catch up, it's Dean :D

ViewfinderGyrene

It has been quite a while since I posted my collection, so I figured I would do so. I'm 19 and have been collecting for about 6 years now. I started in middle school and I'm nearing the end of my freshman year in college. My collection is fairly specific to Minnesota related items but stuff from surrounding states manages to slip in. I'm still working on my first three hundred uniforms or so and I think I'm up to about 150. I primarily collect Army Air Corps but other stuff floats in. This is my display as of December. Some items are out of place but they are only holding the space until I find the right items. I don't have a lot of space in my room but I can manage. In early January, I framed and wired my collection room in my basement. I plan to get it finished in May. Its roughly 10x12 so I can finally begin to pull out a lot of the other stuff that just does not fit in my room. Let me know what you guys think. I'm looking forward to seeing other younger collector's collections, so keep the pictures coming!

- Henry

Well .45, I'm in love with those display cases! Welcome, thanks for posting!

ViewfinderGyrene

Here are some better pics of D ring haversack and Knapsack.

OH, you're the one that got them! Awesome that they went to a young collector, you'ev got a gem there, I just read where USDog helped you find otu he was WIA!

Second one is the 25th Field Arty Regiment. I'm still looking for the second one...

I'm 90% sure the second one is the 110th Infantry Regiment

Second one is the 25th Field Arty Regiment. I'm still looking for the second one...

screw back has to be ww2 or earlier correct? got any info the 25th?

screw back referring to the first one

Can I get a clearer pic of the back? It doesn't look like a screwback to me, at least in that pic...

Can I get a clearer pic of the back? It doesn't look like a screwback to me, at least in that pic...

Yupp hold on.

what time period you thinking on the 25th? she looks old

ViewfinderGyrene

screw back has to be ww2 or earlier correct? got any info the 25th?

25th was attached to te 10th Mountain Division [uS Army] in WWII, serving January '45 to Occupation. They still exist today!

ViewfinderGyrene

I thought so too, but after some quick research I found out it was the 110th Infantry Regiment, or at least looks VERY similar...

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Catalog/HeraldryMulti.aspx?CategoryId=3694&grp=2&menu=Uniformed%20Services

Huh, well that's probably it. The enamel fell off either side fo the castle, so I'm assumnig there was nothing else there...

DIs are fascinating, but confusing at times :blink: