Young Collectors Display's (21 and under)

Sregez80

Hard to say. It depends on condition, liner, and how early the helmet is.

The picture I posted of the helmet that is missing paint is fixed bail with a westinghouse liner. No ID or insignia. I paid $100 for her. However, I got a great deal. It should have went for atleast double.

If you find a helmet, feel free to message me some pics.

I will! I really need a helmet expert in my back pocket!

Hard to say. It depends on condition, liner, and how early the helmet is.

The picture I posted of the helmet that is missing paint is fixed bail with a westinghouse liner. No ID or insignia. I paid $100 for her. However, I got a great deal. It should have went for atleast double.

If you find a helmet, feel free to message me some pics.

I bought the only ww2 helmet in my collection for 5$ plus $15 shipping on ebay lol

ViewfinderGyrene

Cool thread ! I'm 18 and started collecting about 2 years ago. My favorite item to collect are helmets !

Nice to see another person my age with the same interest.

Woah, wait a minute, 3rd helmet frmo the left, is that battle damage ["close call"]?????

ViewfinderGyrene

Cool thread ! I'm 18 and started collecting about 2 years ago. My favorite item to collect are helmets !

Nice to see another person my age with the same interest.

& the knife next to the mess kit, it's a Ghurka, yes? B)

Screamingeagles101

& the knife next to the mess kit, it's a Ghurka, yes? B)

The helmet does have an enter and exit hole. However, I am unsure weather or not it got it in combat because there really is no provenance.

Also, it is a Ghurka. The story is my great Uncle took it off of a dead Japanese Soldier who must have took it from a Ghurka soldier. It's like a double Souvenir haha

Screamingeagles101

I bought the only ww2 helmet in my collection for 5$ plus $15 shipping on ebay lol

That's awesome ! Did it have a liner ?

Just goes to show, you can get them cheap enough if you are patient.

That's awesome ! Did it have a liner ?

Just goes to show, you can get them cheap enough if you are patient.

no :( still looking, it still doesnt. the helmet went about 4 rounds without a single bid so i took a chance lol.

:D

Screamingeagles101

Nice! What branch was your great unlce in?

He was in the Navy. He fought in the Philippines in 1945

That's about all I know of his service.

I unfortunately don't know what ship he was on or other battles he fought in :(

ViewfinderGyrene

Join Fold3 [there's a membership sale right now!]. They have all the ship diaries and crew rosters! All you have to do is enter his full name :)

Antique stores are my favorite place to find items

Would be great if they didn't seem to think all militaria is made of gold... Also, in my experience, they don't really ever really have any idea what they have. They will be selling a '78 dated M1 helmet for $150, and have a tag saying "WW2 D-DAY BATTLE-USED GREAT PRICE!". Or the item will be fake. I look around just to see if a piece slips through the cracks.

I am 16 years old and primarily collect USMC from WWII and Nam. Here are some pics of my main display in my book case.

post-153605-0-73742600-1425236188.jpg

post-153605-0-36934500-1425236208.jpg

post-153605-0-20234000-1425236228.jpg

post-153605-0-11836100-1425236261.jpg

I am 16 years old and primarily collect USMC from WWII and Nam. Here are some pics of my main display in my book case.

I love the book display holder things! I have a bookshelf full of books (I guess I collect them too!), with books I would love to display, and never thought once about getting some of those.

ViewfinderGyrene

Is the 4thMardiv UNIS Knapsack ID'd?????!!!!! :o:)

Would be great if they didn't seem to think all militaria is made of gold... Also, in my experience, they don't really ever really have any idea what they have. They will be selling a '78 dated M1 helmet for $150, and have a tag saying "WW2 D-DAY BATTLE-USED GREAT PRICE!". Or the item will be fake. I look around just to see if a piece slips through the cracks.

I often find myself explaining to the owner that what they have is not worth what they are asking....the best are the ones who have no idea what they have and can be haggled with

ViewfinderGyrene

And you've got one of the E/2/25 4th MarDiv UNIS canteen covers that were on Ebay! Nice! If you ever want info on E/25's combat, PM me :) !

Thanks!

I love the book display holder things! I have a bookshelf full of books (I guess I collect them too!), with books I would love to display, and never thought once about getting some of those.

ViewfinderGyrene

I often find myself explaining to the owner that what they have is not worth what they are asking....the best are the ones who have no idea what they have and can be haggled with

I've been lucky like that a couple of times. Sometimes is hard to contain our excitement/laughter! :P

ahhhhhhh I was wondering the same thing!!! How amazing would that be!

Yeah I posted It a couple of days ago on the research thread still haven't got any info yet. The name is R.H Dowhen, and thanks for telling me what the UNIS code meant.