Young Collectors Display's (21 and under)

Sregez80

My collection, I'm 16 and I've been collection for 4 years. I mainly collect WWII Army and USMC field gear and helmets.

Thanks

-Steven

post-104606-0-92023200-1425189309.jpgpost-104606-0-66884200-1425189290.jpg

post-104606-0-72667100-1425189293.jpgpost-104606-0-20802800-1425189300.jpg

post-104606-0-51482500-1425189303.jpg

I got my torso for free... Right time right place. I am 20, and I collect WWII through Modern Gear. I will take some photos tomorrow.

My collection, I'm 16 and I've been collection for 4 years. I mainly collect WWII Army and USMC field gear and helmets.

Thanks

-Steven

attachicon.gifIMG_7147.JPGattachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender_1.jpgattachicon.gifFullSizeRender_2.jpg

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender_3.jpg

Glad to see you here Steven, your Guadalcanal USMC set is killer. Gives you a VIP pass to the baller' club any day of the week. Show that lid off to chicks... The cool ones will be interested/feign interest.

ViewfinderGyrene

Thanks

-Steven

attachicon.gifIMG_7147.JPGattachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender_1.jpgattachicon.gifFullSizeRender_2.jpg

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender_3.jpg

Great display Tex! You have some wonderful gear, and that poster is killer too Big size that you can't find in good condition much anymore!

To the left of the Pith Helmet right behind hte canteen, is that a named map case?

ViewfinderGyrene

Glad to see you here Steven, your Guadalcanal USMC set is killer. Gives you a VIP pass to the baller' club any day of the week. Show that lid off to chicks... The cool ones will be interested/feign interest.

Wait, you found one that even feigns interest?! :blink: LOL

On a slightly different note, sregez, are you doing WWII usmc of just usmc in general.

WWII USMC.....trying to get the earlier stuff right now

Screamingeagles101

Cool thread ! I'm 18 and started collecting about 2 years ago. My favorite item to collect are helmets !

Nice to see another person my age with the same interest.

post-101355-0-53938700-1425222228.jpg

post-101355-0-91295200-1425222244.jpg

post-101355-0-54809500-1425222255.jpg

Cool thread ! I'm 18 and started collecting about 2 years ago. My favorite item to collect are helmets !

Nice to see another person my age with the same interest.

Welcome!! Is that a real USMC helmet cover or is it a repro?

Great display!!!

Been trying to pick up my first helmet for quite awhile now

Hi, I'm 16, I didn't start collecting militaria seriously until about 6 months ago (although I started about 4 years ago when my grandad gave me his gear and manuals). I haven't really focused my collection yet, so I have a little of everything. I also collect foreign militaria, coins, paper money, stamps, sports cards, coca cola & presidential campaign pins. Here is a little of what I have, I will take some pics of my patches and metal insignia later.

post-153851-0-89476400-1421541218.jpg
post-153851-0-50000100-1421522364.jpg

Presidential campaign pins! man I have seen soo many when I am out hunting for military stuff! You got any you are missing?

Presidential campaign pins! man I have seen soo many when I am out hunting for military stuff! You got any you are missing?

Of course, there is a crazy amount of variations! I'm working on Nixon right now, I have around 10 for him. Also, while on the subject of pins, I also got some DS support pins, which are awesome, as they appeal to both hobbies!

post-153851-0-71149400-1421522667.jpg
What's great about having so many hobbies is that while looking for stuff for one, I usually run into stuff for another. That is how I ended up collecting so much stuff, really, is seeing something interesting I didn't collect yet, getting it, then getting hooked!

Screamingeagles101

Welcome!! Is that a real USMC helmet cover or is it a repro?

Great display!!!

Been trying to pick up my first helmet for quite awhile now

Thanks. It is a repro. I just can't bring myself to spend that type of money on just a cover. I can buy a nice fixed bail with liner and ID for that kind of money haha.

Try using eBay for your first helmet. Before buying it, I suggest putting it up on the forum. The helmet guys are great on here and will help you pick out a nice one.

Helmets are addicting so watch out.

Good luck !

Thanks. It is a repro. I just can't bring myself to spend that type of money on just a cover. I can buy a nice fixed bail with liner and ID for that kind of money haha.

Try using eBay for your first helmet. Before buying it, I suggest putting it up on the forum. The helmet guys are great on here and will help you pick out a nice one.

Helmets are addicting so watch out.

Good luck !

Yea the original ones are crazy expensive!

Whats the average amount you spend on just a plain M1 helmet? No ID or anything?

Of course, there is a crazy amount of variations! I'm working on Nixon right now, I have around 10 for him. Also, while on the subject of pins, I also got some DS support pins, which are awesome, as they appeal to both hobbies!

What's great about having so many hobbies is that while looking for stuff for one, I usually run into stuff for another. That is how I ended up collecting so much stuff, really, is seeing something interesting I didn't collect yet, getting it, then getting hooked!

Where do you get most of your stuff?

Where do you get most of your stuff?

Flea markets, although I make regular trips to thrift/antique stores close to my house as well

Screamingeagles101

Yea the original ones are crazy expensive!

Whats the average amount you spend on just a plain M1 helmet? No ID or anything?

Hard to say. It depends on condition, liner, and how early the helmet is.

The picture I posted of the helmet that is missing paint is fixed bail with a westinghouse liner. No ID or insignia. I paid $100 for her. However, I got a great deal. It should have went for atleast double.

If you find a helmet, feel free to message me some pics.