? on woodland BDU top

Khe Sanh68

Going to put a woodland uniform together to do an 1983 82nd Airborne paratrooper. I was wondering on the jacket did the name tape go from end to end on the top pocket as well as the U.S. Army. Also in 1983 did soldiers carried the M17 gasmask?

Yes, the nametape would be on top of the pocket on the wearers right.

i think he means would it go from the edge to edge of the pocket

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

i think he means would it go from the edge to edge of the pocket

Oh, well it would, give or take a centimeter.

Going to put a woodland uniform together to do an 1983 82nd Airborne paratrooper. I was wondering on the jacket did the name tape go from end to end on the top pocket as well as the U.S. Army. Also in 1983 did soldiers carried the M17 gasmask?

Yes and yes - although use of the M17 Gas Mask during URGENT FURY was not widespread - you can see photos of Troopers wearing them as they prepared for the invasion & in the opening stages of the operation.

I help manage the Facebook Page for the 82nd Airborne Division Museum at Fort Bragg & have included a link to the photo page for Grenada - hope this helps!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447357601944115.109184.441561409190401&type=3

Chris

When I was in there was a lot of variations for the name tape and the US Army tape.

Professional soldiers generally had the two match, or come as close as possible for width.

I don't think there was a regulation that prescribed the width, for the practical reason that some names were longer than others.

The tapes were/are usually long in length.The tailor/seamstress who sews them om generally folds the ends over and under the strip to make them even.Also they may cut them shorter before folding and sewing.If just cut the ends tend to fray and look ragged after use.

• 1 month later...
Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

The M17A1 Mask was carried onto the Island and then stowed away in storage once there was no threat of NBC. Like our WWII predecessors, we discarded all but beans, bullets, bandaids and water.

Rock