WWI Grouping of Sniper Slayer

Airman86

Just recently acquired this spectacular grouping locally of Corporal Charles H. Clifton, Company D, 315th Infantry and I think everything can speak for themselves on this one! The uniform is amongst the best I have ever seen. Not one single moth nip or hole and barely even a hint of a musty smell. He killed three German snipers who had their nests in some trees scattered around before being wounded in his hand by machine gun fire and retreating into the nearby woods. The whole grouping came with several unit books from the period detailing each unit's respective history, background and skirmishes endured during the war.

post-153919-0-35081100-1425161684.jpg

Thank you all for the kind words! I'm trying to get into WWI militaria and I feel that this grouping is a pretty good start! And yes Doyler, I agree it is pretty refreshing to see an unbroken up group with the helmet even though the helmet is in pretty rough shape, it still has the hand painted insignia and that "Been there done that" look to it.

4th Miss Cav

Great uniform and helmet. My grandfather was in the 315th Inf Regt 79th Div, only thing was he was WWII. I just thought it was neat to see those pop up on a post. Congratulations on the acquisition.

David

Seldom do you get a great story along with a great uniform group. I can see why you're thrilled with it. Nice find!

That is a really cool, unique grouping. Great story to go along w it as mentioned. And he is a good old Philly boy to boot!!