Harry Sugerman "Sugarman"

Flashlarue

Company was originally Harry Sugerman but often call Sugarman. Also stamped with SUSCO and S21. Hallmark is a shield with an S topped with a crown.

post-87451-0-97052600-1425053911.jpg

• 1 year later...
triplecanopy

Here is the basic sterling US Army Parachute Badge by Harry Sugerman. Note the "S" inside the shield with what looks like a crown on top. These are fairly scarce and were made before the IOH numbering system went into effect. I have only observed basic wings with this marking: no senior and no master parachutist. Any of you have any? Also notice the circle mark at the bottom. I have no idea what this was for, but it is seen on all of the early Sugerman marked wings that I have encountered.

post-48217-0-51575600-1470321457_thumb.jpg

triplecanopy

Here are two Parachute Badges marked with S-21 for SUSCO or Harry Sugerman. These are both marked STERLING and later known examples are marked 1/20th SF SUSCO S-21. I do not have any information about this company's current status. Note: the markings are different and the senior is flat back and the basic wings are hollowed out which makes me believe that these are from different runs and times. I do not have a master S-21 STERLING to post, so perhaps one of you other collectors can show that one.

post-48217-0-32856600-1470427263_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
triplecanopy

Most likely it would be late 1960's to early 1980's would be my guess. Some one else might be able to pin it down a bit closer.

• 2 years later...
triplecanopy

After a lot of looking, I finally found a Master Parachutist Badge marked S-21 in STERLING made by Sugerman or SUSCO. That completes the set of three. So they do exist and are out there.

post-48217-0-68059000-1562775748_thumb.jpg