Creative ways to hide a Gopro or camera for first-person footage of reenactments?

PFCJoshQ

Hey guys,

I was looking for creative ways to hide a Gopro or camera for first-person footage of reenactments; I couldn't find a thread on this topic.

Would anyone mind sharing info/pics of how they hide their cameras/go-pros on them when they go to events and reenactments?

I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

JQ

It would depend on the era being done. If you're doing SpanAm to current, either going as Press or similar, you could camoflage your device in movie camera or still cam of the era. Pre spanAm probably one of pen cams available but camo'd to look like something else.

If you're doing US airborne I suppose you could put a repro paratrooper first aid pouch on the front of your helmet and hide a camera in it! Just cut a hole big enough for the lens.

If you're doing US airborne I suppose you could put a repro paratrooper first aid pouch on the front of your helmet and hide a camera in it! Just cut a hole big enough for the lens.

I was hoping to do this myself, you can get empty first aid pouches.

If you got some upholstry foam from Hobby Lobby or such you can set up a pretty decent case for it

Having it tied to your weab gear would work too, till you go prone at least

Also could do the same with a shell dressing if you happen to be doing commonwealth stuff

You didn't specif what period war you will reenact, but if Vietnam, a first aid/ compass pouch on you H suspenders with a small hole for the lense would work. At shoulder height it will still capture that first person feel with risk of being damaged. I plan on doing this at some tacticals this year.

Get yourself a repro gas mask bag, put in a piece of thick foam with a cutout for the camera, and make a nice little hole for the lens. Then hope the enemy doesn't use poison gas. (I'm assuming you're reenacting a doughboy?)