My favorite lapel

That's a nice lapel pin and a nice medal. Did you earn the medal? As a fellow DoD employee, my hat is off to you! I've earned two lapel pins for my civilian service: one is a 10-year employee award, the other is the Joint Duty Assignment award.

Pete

I was working security in Afghanistan and we had a VBIED explode and 4 guards hurt 1 killed. When we arrived and were securing the area and providing CPR the second one exploded. 2 of us were hurt pretty good in that one. While we were healing in Bagram an Army Colonel presented us with the DoD freedom medal. The company I worked for was owned by the presidents brother and when we had healed up he came by our compound with a couple Afghan officers and presented us with the Afghan Freedom medal, it was a pretty neat day. Apparently our guards were from his village and they were very grateful for us getting there quickly and saving their butts. I ended up working as director of operations for that company until they closed in 2011.

Here is a pic of both of them

Jon

post-157723-0-65351300-1424955926.jpg

Pete,

I haven't seen a JDA award lapel can you post a pic. Thank you for your service, my wife works for the VA and is learning the joys of working for the Government! LOL

Here's the Joint Duty Assignment lapel pin. About the size of a dime, marked GRACO on the back. It's well-made and heavy, with a very nice high-quality catch for the back pin.

post-5467-0-07465500-1425509846.jpg

firefighter

Here's the Joint Duty Assignment lapel pin. About the size of a dime, marked GRACO on the back. It's well-made and heavy, with a very nice high-quality catch for the back pin.

Great looking pin.Looks like the National Intelligence Meritorious unit citation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Intelligence_Meritorious_Unit_Citation

I've never seen the National Intelligence Meritorious Unit citation before, it sure is similar. My branch of the IC just recently received a military Joint Meritorious Unit Award citation -- the civilians were given the lapel pin which is the miniature ribbon. The award covered a period of three years; I was there for only two of those years, so I didn't qualify.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...