Army MP / Guard Badge - What Unit?

dpcsdan

While researching my U.S. Navy police style badge collection I picked up the attached Army MP / Guard badge.

The badge has an open C catch on the reverse.

I feel it is WWII era, but I'm having trouble identifying the Army Unit.

-dan

post-769-0-71655200-1424897203.jpg

I know a good deal about USN badge history, but not much about other branches.

I know Army Military Police fell under the Signal Corps, then WWII era War Department Supply Corps.

I did believe the D.J. might have been Department of Justice, but I don't believe that at this time.

Thanks for the comments.

I know a good deal about USN badge history, but not much about other branches.

I know Army Military Police fell under the Signal Corps, then WWII era War Department Supply Corps.

I did believe the D.J. might have been Department of Justice, but I don't believe that at this time.

Thanks for the comments.

????? The Military Police Corps was a branch of service in the Army in WW2 and earlier. The crossed pistols MP branch insignia was approved in 1922. Please clarify the part about MPs being under Signal Corps and War Department Supply Corps (do you mean the Quartermaster Corps?). Are you maybe referring to Army civilian employees like security police and guards?

????? The Military Police Corps was a branch of service in the Army in WW2 and earlier. The crossed pistols MP branch insignia was approved in 1922. Please clarify the part about MPs being under Signal Corps and War Department Supply Corps (do you mean the Quartermaster Corps?). Are you maybe referring to Army civilian employees like security police and guards?

Sorry, I meant Quartermaster Corps...I fell into Navy Speak.

What I'm referring to is Ken Lucas' book that shows Army MP badges with both Signal Corps and Quartermaster Corps as part of the badge design.

I mentioned I was not an expert in branches other then USN, sorry if I contributed confusion to anyone.

I'll stick with USN comments here on out.

-dan

• 10 months later...