HS-18 Tanker earphones - Lenght of loom?

earlymb

Hi all,

I just found these R-14 receivers. As you can see the attached loom is a later add-on and of the wrong size, so I want to modify it to the correct lenght to use it for display on my M1938 helmet. If possible I would like to know the following:

- The lenght of the loom from the strain lug to the 'Y', for both receivers (should be 13 inches or 33 cm in total)

- The lenght of the loom from the 'Y' to the plug.

Any leads to where these measurements can be found are also welcome ofcourse.

Thanks!

post-80-0-12797700-1424620683.jpg

13 IN LOOM FROM EAR PHONE TO EAR PHONE STRETCHED OUT. 12 IN WERE USED BUT, THE REAL HEADSET CORRECT IS 13.

Thanks! I know it should be 13 inch in total but I need to know how this was divided between the lug of each receiver and the 'Y' of the wire... At one end, the distance between lug and 'Y' is a lot longer than on the other end. The total of these should 13 inch though indeed.

Let me clarify. Below is an original HS-18 (pic borrowed from http://www.big-red-one.org/M1938%20TANK%20HELMET%20INFO%20PAGE.htm ). The measurements I need are the distances between:

- A & B (from 'Y' to receiver # 1);

- A & C (from 'Y' to receiver # 2);

- A & D (from 'Y' to the plug).

(A to B ) plus (A to C) combined is 13 inch... But (A to B ) seems to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of (A to C), so I can't just divide 13 inch in half. I hope I make sense...

post-80-0-52119400-1424709116.jpg

I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN AND THAT I CAN NOT ANSWER. THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN 12 AND 13 IN IS THIS--- THE 13IN LOOM ENABLED THE TANKER TO RUN THE CORD ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE FLAP OF THE HELMET WHILE THE 12IN DUE TO THE SHORTNESS ENABLED IT TO BE RUN BEHIND THE FLAP. THERE IS A SITE DEDICATED TO TANKER LIDS. GOOGLE "TANKER HELMET INFO". IT MAY BE THERE. VERY COMPLETE AND USEFUL.

Thanks, I know that site, it's an excellent resource! Unfortunately it doesn't list the measurements I need, other than the 13 inch overall lenght between strain lugs.