MB Markings

Hello

here my MB with no stenciles / markings (serial nr. , stars, etc... )

I'd like to put them as a 2nd. Amored Division (Normandy campaign) configuration

Would you please let me know the exact markings configuration as it should wear ?

Or was it stenciled in a regular way as the other units, divisions etc... ?

On the other side, I'd like to place the markings with adhesive, not painted. Could you give me any addressess that you know of good or best quality adhesive marking sets for a ww2 Jeep ?

Any other www addresses of ww2 Jeep parts, forum, etc.. in USA will be also gladly received

thanks in advance

Regards

post-3179-0-86009900-1424559900.jpg

I'll start with the serial number. Are you going with factory markings or field markings? If factory then blue-drab in the factory font (how I did mine) or you can go with white-drab and have a little bit larger choice in fonts. You can even have the white over the blue as is often seen.

For unit markings this is the actual guidelines for WWII vehicles.

http://www.lonesentry.com/panzer/jeep-markings.html

The stars can either be the prescribed style (15" hood star centered on the hinge and 6" side stars, 2" bumper star) or you can also go with invasion stars with circles around them.

My jeep I personally went with blue-drab numbers and the authorized star placement locations.

I think all of your questions can be answered by the folks on the jeep forum at: www.g503.com

Very knowledgeable and helpful bunch over there, but I haven't been on there for a while.

What unit of the 2nd Armoured buddy...I will help you

my jeep is marked..2/\-82R.....................star........................C-36

so its an 82nd Recon battalion Jeep........6th vehicle 3rd platoon Charlie company

if you wanted to go 41st AIB

2 /\-41I...............................star......................your choice

Let me know

Regards

Lloyd