M7 Shoulder Holsters

cgutierrez

Hello,

Yesterday a '44 dated Enger Kress M7 shoulder holster sold on Ebay for a bit over $500. I have been in the market recently for an M7 to complete a late war U.S. Army set up on one of my mannequins and was a bit taken back by the final price. My dispute is not with the price as I believe that militaria, like any commodity, is driven by the forces of supply and demand and final prices often reflect more than one's ability to pay. My question is: Have M7 shoulder holsters become that scare or was this particular one specail because it was an Enger Kress rather than the slightly more common Boyt and because it was 1944 dated as opposed to the slightly more common 1945 date or more common undated ones? (All personal observations by-the-way) Since yesterday I have done an internet search of Militaria vendor sites as well as Ebay and found almost no M7s for sale. The M3 shoulder holsters, however, seem to have dropped in price since I was last in the market for a good condition M3 and the amount of M3s on the market seems to have doubled also.

CG

CG..I was wowed by the final price too buddy and asked myself the same questions....so great posting and I hope someone can answer.

Regards

Lloyd

I was watching this listing as well, when it hit $380 I was amazed, I'm even more amazed to see the final selling price.

The M7 being relatively rare and primarily associated with armor probably saw a jump in value because of the recent release of the movie Fury. The much more common tanker helmet seemed to have followed suit with generally higher than average selling prices on eBay as well as the many astronomical "Buy it Now" listings.

Basically, there are a lot of collectors tuned into armor items right now (myself included), so I have no doubt that these rare items will go for crazy prices because of the want it now attitude and craziness of eBay bidding. Great time to be a seller, bad time to buy.

I concur.... wow.. I passed on a Enger Kress at a local gun show for $145 because I thought it was a little high. Nothing special in average condition but I guess I should be kicking myself ... I think it could be the fury craze. While I do not think the holster is rare (44 is harder to find) they are not commonly seen in WWII photos, most were still using the M3, so not sure why the demand. I didn't look at the auction but I think that price is way above normal. I collect 2AD items and they have not seen a great surge in price compared to this holster. I'll have to start looking again.

WOW! only two guys in a bidding war after $200 I have the same exact holster '44 dated Enger Kress M7. I got mine from a antique dealer last year that droped it off at my home for $45 he knows I collect military.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Finally got an M7 Shoulder Holster to add to my late WW2 display. Got it from Stewart's Militaria at a fairly cheap price. The only real problem with it was that the female part of the belt loop snap was broken off from the stem and still attached to the male snap part. Fortunately, there was enough of the stem left to re-attach the female part to the holster body. After I re-attached the female snap part I then re-snapped the loop. My only concern is that if I every try to unsnap the belt loop that the female part will again detach from the stem, so, as long as I own this rig, it is staying snapped.

post-1573-0-86645400-1425141523.jpg

• 6 years later...