"Experimental" Knife

jim_mi

Check out this thing. It looks, to me, like an accident waiting to happen. The things people sell...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIQUE-WW-II-AMERICAN-EXPERIMENTAL-FIGHTING-WRIST-DAGGER-KNIFE-L-K-VERY-RARE-/331482989113?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2ded0239

BTW -- if the link doesn't work, copy it and paste it into your browser's address bar.

Jim

Where's the historical data? Granted the leather looks old, but the blade looks pretty new. I could see this being of WW1 vintage, British?, but tying it to US Special Forces---No. It appears to be a most dangerous weapon to user and other friendlies. Jim, thanks for showing this--thing! SKIP

it almost looks like it was for something else (elbow pad, knee pad??) and they added on the blade later?

weird thing... I don't know about US though.

-Brian

The blade looks very new but the leather looks like something you would see in WWII. Large threads, almost euro buckles, Carr snaps(?), etc... kind of cool but would serve no useful purpose.. IMHO probably a movie prop, mad maxish or zombie something or other.. thanks for sharing

It looks messed with at some point for some reason. Look at the stitches on the circle piece of leather. Some pulled out and re stitched etc.

It's really an odd thing.

-Brian

Looks like somebody likes it. It's bid up to $787.00 and hasn't yet made the reserve price.

It still looks like a nicely aged repro to me, not to mention dangerous to the wearer.

Jim

I have a lot of knife books, etc; unfortunately most are still in my pro boxes, but I dont recall seeing a knife like this before. I've seen wwi

and oss push knives etc but this is different. I have no interest in the knife but if one of the bidders is on the forum and does, I hope they post the info when the auction ends so we can be enlightened.

This must be for the collector who literally has everything. My list of things I'd much rather add to my collection is so long I don't think I'm likely to live long enough to pursue something like this.

WW2 Jake-Seeing these knee pads would make me change my mind about bidding. We've all been suspicious, these may confirm that suspicion. SKIP

It has been relisted at almost double the price it reached before. While in Louisville over the weekend I showed the pictures to some well known knife folks and none of them thought it was real or had seen one like it before. Never say never but the knife doesn't pass the common sense test. So even if it was experimental, so what, if it was a robbins and dudly, randall, scagel, etc., it would be something but otherwise it is just an unnamed blade for some purpose... or fantasy ... JMHO... good luck to any bidders..