Largest Haul Ever! (captured Iraqi uniforms/equipment)

wwcollector90

You received an amazing haul there. Some really great items in that grouping. As a collector of DS era Iraqi items, I think the best pieces are the Iraqi lizard camouflage and the Kuwaiti Police (Special Police of the Ministry of the Interior) blue DPM set.

The Kuwaiti blue DPM is very uncommon. Does the blue DPM set have any manufacturer tags on the inside?

wwcollector90

Thanks everyone for the replies hope you all enjoyed the pics. Hopefully there are more to come. The vet said he would look for some licence plates he took of iraqi vehicals that were on the highway of death.

wwcollector90

You received an amazing haul there. Some really great items in that grouping. As a collector of DS era Iraqi items, I think the best pieces are the Iraqi lizard camouflage and the Kuwaiti Police (Special Police of the Ministry of the Interior) blue DPM set.

The Kuwaiti blue DPM is very uncommon. Does the blue DPM set have any manufacturer tags on the inside?

Thanks for the info nkomo, I will look tomorrow to see if the DPM set has any tags. Are the Iraqi lizard camos identified to a particular unit? Rep Guard?

AMAZING! You have an instant collection! Tanker coveralls, a nice pair of boots with the typical zipper additions, SF/commando green berets, and an awesome assortment of camo uniforms. The blue and possible the yellow and tan camo uniforms are Kuwaiti, as well as, most of the insignia. I'd like to know if you have pants with the blue camo uniform? They look like the early heavy weight material with snap closing pockets. I received a shirt like this from a 5th group soldier who was IVO western Kuwait City. The lizard camo jackets are a major score but you should check to see if there are insignia or remnants of any on the sleeves and chest. I'm curious to see the brown beret too. If you need help identifying anything just message me or better yet post individual pics of each item or group of like items. If you can narrow down the locations where these items were retrieved you might be able to narrow down the unit (likely to the division level only) they came from.

Here's a pic of the Popular Army camo uniform. They were brought in to replace the RG after securing Kuwait in early August 1990.

Thanks, Tom

post-4228-0-56045700-1424324746.jpg

C'mon....Iraq? Desert? It's gotta be the Beach Boys: Little Deuce T-72, Help Me Saddam, Sloop Saddam Hussein, In my bunker, Will I live long enough to grow up to be a man?, you know - all the hits.

Mark sends

HAHA! Little Deuce T-72! Now thats funny!

Thanks, WWCollector90. You confirmed that the Desert Storm era Kuwaiti blue DPMs were in fact made by Trouillet.

Here is my set with the Trouillet tags.

02518.jpg

wwcollector90

Thanks, WWCollector90. You confirmed that the Desert Storm era Kuwaiti blue DPMs were in fact made by Trouillet.

No problem I will make sure to tell the vet. Iam sure he will be happy he helped solve the mystery!

wwcollector90

How the heck do you haul that much stuff back to the states?

He said he mailed most of it home. However, If you are going to the Show of Shows later this month you can ask him yourself. He should be riding with me up there.

Man - I loved those cassette tapes--and brought back a bunch---I think most were bootleg out of Indonesia and some actually said "produced for hot weather environments"....and there were lots of strange combination tapes--my favorite was the collected hits of Joan Baez and Jimi Hendrix---unusual pairing but it worked...

• 3 weeks later...

I was given some Kuwaiti blue DPM uniforms and a backpack (jacket, trousers, M-65 clone jacket) but the maker's tag is "Al Ansari & Bhasin". The backpack is also in blue DPM.

the helmets & AK mag pouches w/ mags are pretty common bring backs, the gun shows were flooded with the stuff right after Desert Storm, and most of it still had sand on it

• 5 weeks later...
wwcollector90

Can anyone tell me this pattern or type of jacket this is? I went through the stuff the other day and totally missed this!

post-150964-0-55274700-1429560614.jpg

post-150964-0-03721500-1429560634.jpg

wwcollector90

Cool! Uncommon huh thats great! It has a zipper behind the neck. Does that mean anything? Airborne?

• 2 weeks later...
airborne1968

I was given some Kuwaiti blue DPM uniforms and a backpack (jacket, trousers, M-65 clone jacket) but the maker's tag is "Al Ansari & Bhasin". The backpack is also in blue DPM.

I believe Bhasin was a Kuwaiti clothes maker or distributor. Is your uniform a thin cotton or the heavier cotton with hidden snaps on the pockets? Tom