Largest Haul Ever! (captured Iraqi uniforms/equipment)

wwcollector90

wwcollector90

Greetings fellow forum members, I have recently acquired a large amount of captured Iraqi uniforms and equipment from a Desert Storm vet and am a bit overwhelmed. The vet is a friend of my Dad who served with the Special Forces from the mid 70’s to the early 90’s. While visiting his house the other day he asked whether I would be interested in his Desert Storm bringbacks. I of course said yes, thinking to myself it would be neat to have a helmet or two. What came next blew my socks off. He proceeded to pull boxes upon boxes of captured militaria out. I could hardly fit it all in my car for the drive back to my house!

He was a Lt. Col at the time and is going to write me up a letter regarding the items and his service. I know many members of the forum are Gulf War vets and I would love to get their opinion on what some of the uniforms are especially the camo stuff. My favorite pieces are the AK bandoliers with the magazines still in them. They were pretty rusty but I have cleaned them up a bit and they look great.

Hope you all enjoy the photos

-John

post-150964-0-44027600-1424240164.jpg

Easily one of the coolest lots of Desert Storm bringbacks I have ever seen. About a dozen decent Iraqi helmets, a smattering of field gear and chest rigs, some neat camouflage uniforms, etc. Extremely cool.

You know... you have GOT to play those cassettes. Wonder what the heck is on those?

Easily one of the coolest lots of Desert Storm bringbacks I have ever seen. About a dozen decent Iraqi helmets, a smattering of field gear and chest rigs, some neat camouflage uniforms, etc. Extremely cool.

You know... you have GOT to play those cassettes. Wonder what the heck is on those?

Probably Madonna's greatest hits!

C'mon....Iraq? Desert? It's gotta be the Beach Boys: Little Deuce T-72, Help Me Saddam, Sloop Saddam Hussein, In my bunker, Will I live long enough to grow up to be a man?, you know - all the hits.

Mark sends

Actually the cassett behind the one with all the arabic written on it is RUN DMC!!

LOL. Thats about right....

Great haul, congrats! I have the same duffel bag with the triangle on it. Brought it back full from the 2003 Invasion, er, I mean 'liberation' or whatever they PC police dubbed it....

Really like what you did with the display and AK. Nice. Surprised there were no flags in the lot?

DM