wwcollector90

Largest Haul Ever! (captured Iraqi uniforms/equipment)

Greetings fellow forum members, I have recently acquired a large amount of captured Iraqi uniforms and equipment from a Desert Storm vet and am a bit overwhelmed. The vet is a friend of my Dad who served with the Special Forces from the mid 70’s to the early 90’s. While visiting his house the other day he asked whether I would be interested in his Desert Storm bringbacks. I of course said yes, thinking to myself it would be neat to have a helmet or two. What came next blew my socks off. He proceeded to pull boxes upon boxes of captured militaria out. I could hardly fit it all in my car for the drive back to my house!

He was a Lt. Col at the time and is going to write me up a letter regarding the items and his service. I know many members of the forum are Gulf War vets and I would love to get their opinion on what some of the uniforms are especially the camo stuff. My favorite pieces are the AK bandoliers with the magazines still in them. They were pretty rusty but I have cleaned them up a bit and they look great.

Hope you all enjoy the photos

-John

post-150964-0-44027600-1424240164.jpg

Very nice!

Afghanistan Vet OEF 10-11 - Engineer Corps US Army.

Getting a medal means two things:

1. Someone saw you do it.

2. You didn't tick off the approval chain.
Seeking 984th Engineer Co (Land Clearance), 36th Engineer Regt/Bde, and Sanitary Corps items from all eras.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Nice items!!

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

Easily one of the coolest lots of Desert Storm bringbacks I have ever seen. About a dozen decent Iraqi helmets, a smattering of field gear and chest rigs, some neat camouflage uniforms, etc. Extremely cool.

You know... you have GOT to play those cassettes. Wonder what the heck is on those?

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2018.gif

donation2017.gif

Easily one of the coolest lots of Desert Storm bringbacks I have ever seen. About a dozen decent Iraqi helmets, a smattering of field gear and chest rigs, some neat camouflage uniforms, etc. Extremely cool.

You know... you have GOT to play those cassettes. Wonder what the heck is on those?

Probably Madonna's greatest hits!

Seeking anything attributed to General Clifford Bluemel

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

C'mon....Iraq? Desert? It's gotta be the Beach Boys: Little Deuce T-72, Help Me Saddam, Sloop Saddam Hussein, In my bunker, Will I live long enough to grow up to be a man?, you know - all the hits.

Mark sends

Mark Conrad, MSgt, USAF (Ret)

"Poor is the nation that has no Heroes...shameful is the one having them that forgets."

The Miami Valley Military History Museum: http://www.mvmhm.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Miami-Valley-Military-History-Museum/111268115594349
Official Partner of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration: www.vietnamwar50th.com
Official Partner of the United States of America World War I Centennial: www.worldwar1centennial.org

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Actually the cassett behind the one with all the arabic written on it is RUN DMC!!

LOL. Thats about right....

Great haul, congrats! I have the same duffel bag with the triangle on it. Brought it back full from the 2003 Invasion, er, I mean 'liberation' or whatever they PC police dubbed it....

Really like what you did with the display and AK. Nice. Surprised there were no flags in the lot?

DM

Holy smokes! Amazing haul

Looking to buy US dog tags, any era. Contact me and let me know what you have!