brand new army gear in the dumpster! Yeah me!

mmerc20

I am never going to poke fun at dumpster divers again! Today I hit gold! At my apartment complex, I decided to take drive over to the dumpster and clean out the trash out of my truck before I went to work today. Sitting on top of the trash was a nearly brand new CFP-90 Woodland Camouflage Combat Pack which sells for $150. It looks like this:

P_571162_1330258.JPG

Inside it was a 100 foot climbing rope, I assume military issue and a brand new Eagle Industries TAC-V1-N Vest which sells for $140, like this below:

TacV1.jpg

It turns out after asking, the maintenance man of the apartment complex had to clean out some left over stuff after someone moved out and the guy just tossed this stuff out!!! His loss, my gain huh?

Mike

jeremiahcable
The only place the CFP-90 belongs is a dumpster ;)

I agree. I carried one for a bit and hated it. I quickly purchased my own large 6 pocket ALICE pack and frame. Cool to find that stuff anyways!

• 2 years later...

Wow, both amazing and sad at the same time. Amazing because they were able to be saved but sad that they were trashed or on their way to being trashed in the first place. If people don't want these kinds of items they should donate them rather than sending them to the dump.

I am never going to poke fun at dumpster divers again! Today I hit gold!

Welcome to the club my friend, come on in, it's warm and stinky in here, but you get used to it :blink:

• 1 month later...

Old fella whose shop I frequent told me that the back alleys of this town were a gold mine for anything American, German, Japanese. Got a bandoleer of Korean War 30-06 from a fella that found it in the trash. Now, my colleague's dad is a trashman. He makes GREAT scores.

Wow, both amazing and sad at the same time. Amazing because they were able to be saved but sad that they were trashed or on their way to being trashed in the first place. If people don't want these kinds of items they should donate them rather than sending them to the dump.

Other people are strange and just don't "get it". I put up a post on an eBay forum asking people not to list regular leather flight jackets as "bomber" jackets, explaining the difference. I got all kinds of replies with weak humor.