triggerhappyjim

My Nam Displays

Thanks john for your comment and the anecdote....

herer is a shot of the back of this ERDL USMC tunic....it has some stuff written in the back....

You're welcome Jim, and thank you again! I'm an aviation collector but always enjoy seeing things outside of my focus, particularly when so well presented and with so much input from other members. This kind of thing is what keeps me watching. Best of luck in your field, although I can't imagine anything you've missed up to this point!

And I looked, and Behold a Pale Horse:

And his name that sat upon him was death,

and Hell followed with him.

Revelation Chapter 6, verse 8

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

You're welcome Jim, and thank you again! I'm an aviation collector but always enjoy seeing things outside of my focus, particularly when so well presented and with so much input from other members. This kind of thing is what keeps me watching. Best of luck in your field, although I can't imagine anything you've missed up to this point!

Thanks John, I might be interested in making a really early war set with a very early flack vest as my Boss used.........maybe a bit later....right now I got a bit back into WWII....

Interested in USMC in the NAM

I was asking how would they carry the grenades if they didn't have a 3 cell pouch.

I used an empty Claymore Mine pouch in 1968-1969 ... worked fine. (Was in the Army, though.)

Looking for:

1. CIB with M16 instead of 1795 Musket

2. Rarer current era brassards and armbands

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

donation2015.gif donation2016.gif

I used an empty Claymore Mine pouch in 1968-1969 ... worked fine. (Was in the Army, though.)

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks for letting us know!

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks for letting us know!

Glad to help out. I knew guys that didn't carry grenades at all. They preferred to carry the equivalent weight in extra M16 magazines. For myself I found the sweet spot for short ops was three hand grenades and ten magazines. For longer ops that would double, plus I'd have my other 'goodies' (C-rations, a claymore mine, a couple of smoke grenades, extra canteens, etc.) in my rucksack. Others carried more or less.

Looking for:

1. CIB with M16 instead of 1795 Musket

2. Rarer current era brassards and armbands

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

donation2015.gif donation2016.gif

Great displays/items. I really like that you use "worn" or "salty" field gear in some as opposed to "mint" unissued items. The torn canteen cover and bandoleer with ripped pockets look great. Vietnam War displays, be it US Army, USMC, Navy whatever, are my favorite.

You do plenty of research it appears and it pays off in really nice displays.

Great displays/items. I really like that you use "worn" or "salty" field gear in some as opposed to "mint" unissued items. The torn canteen cover and bandoleer with ripped pockets look great. Vietnam War displays, be it US Army, USMC, Navy whatever, are my favorite.

You do plenty of research it appears and it pays off in really nice displays.

Glad you liked it.....I agree the salty been there look definitely beats the minty look...I remember when I went to surplus stores downtown Seattle my uncle would say get the mint stuff and I always bought the salty used stuff.....

I love analyzing details in period potos...just go crazy identifing ítems.....speciaaly USMC and how mariens used their gear...

that is what I wanted to represent..in the displays for them to be accurate... :lol:

Impressive collection. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks......still working on it.....

there are three itmes that I am hunting:

M55 cutton body doublé rope ridge flak vest with exposed button pockets,

marine bought back NVA helmet

Marien birng back VC flag......

once I have those three Ill be happy with my collection..... :D

Thanks......still working on it.....

there are three itmes that I am hunting:

M55 cutton body doublé rope ridge flak vest with exposed button pockets,

marine bought back NVA helmet

Marien birng back VC flag......

once I have those three Ill be happy with my collection..... :D

Thought you'd like this :D

Such items are still out there, I was lucky to snag this one cheaply on eBay. Keep looking and you'll find one eventually for a good price

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/286248-bringback-nva-helmet/

Btw, I have to ask, but have you considered doing a ARVN mannequin? Their use of gear is very interesting and as someone who was interested in USMC, definitely on par in level of coolness

Thought you'd like this :D

Such items are still out there, I was lucky to snag this one cheaply on eBay. Keep looking and you'll find one eventually for a good price

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/286248-bringback-nva-helmet/

Btw, I have to ask, but have you considered doing a ARVN mannequin? Their use of gear is very interesting and as someone who was interested in USMC, definitely on par in level of coolness

Finding a real war time one is the real challange......

I have considered making a south Vietnamese Marine with tiger stripe yes...but so far have been to much into my Blue División collecting and have yet to turn my focus back to NAM...

well here is a heads up......still need to paint the manikin...but wanted to share the Project with youall......

Con Thien Mariene Souvenier Hunter 1967

post-87246-0-98277600-1520605593_thumb.jpg