triggerhappyjim

My Nam Displays

I was also wondering, if marines weren't useing the 3 cell grenade pouch, we're would they keep their grenades? Since m61 pouches can't carry grenades, would they have been carried in pockets, or clipped on suspenders or something like that?

They did use them if they were avialable...my Boss told something about the granade carring...but forgot..will ask him again.... ;)

Interested in USMC in the NAM

3-cell pouch in use:

post-80-0-62495100-1425395444.jpg

Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

hey guys...got an idea....why not turn this thread into a USMC display and reference for display thread....? I can ask a moderator to delete the first post and modify the title...I think it could be a good idea.... :)

I was asking how would they carry the grenades if they didn't have a 3 cell pouch.

I was asking how would they carry the grenades if they didn't have a 3 cell pouch.

Any way they could.....

post-87246-0-69024000-1425507911.jpg

How's there. 2 guys with Mitchell's in the fron and what looks like to be a guy wearing a mosquito net in the back

Love the combinations of covers used by the USMC in Nam...yes..in that photo two mitchell´s and one moskito net type....

here is another example.....look at the first guy in the left....

post-87246-0-19120500-1425651332.jpg

What is interesting is that I dont ever see the M55 vest with the added pockets until 69...before that I have never seen a photo that shows the vest with the pocket addition....

are in country added pockets?

No. It's a third model vest.

So first models had no pockets, second model had nylon pockets, what are third model pockets made out of?

What is interesting is that I dont ever see the M55 vest with the added pockets until 69...before that I have never seen a photo that shows the vest with the pocket addition....

There's plenty of photos showing 2ed pattern vest in Hue city and during Khe Sanh in Jan 1968...

So first models had no pockets, second model had nylon pockets, what are third model pockets made out of?

They are nylon with exposed buttons and double shoulder cords.

Could you post some Justin? Still getting use to this. Thanks for the answer Justin

There's plenty of photos showing 2ed pattern vest in Hue city and during Khe Sanh in Jan 1968...

All the ones I have seen vest have no pockets...can you share some with us, it would be great to have the reference...

Thanks for the link......nice 2nd and 3rd pattern vests in that thread....I have a 1st and 2nd pattern..im after the third.... :rolleyes: